Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was just sitting in my car talking on the phone with my dad, speaker volume was on so Moose could hear both of us talking and at the end of our conversation I noticed Moose had the longest extruding red rocket I’ve ever seen on a dog. It immediately made me think something was off, I don’t know why I just have never seen it protrude that far out and especially because he was literally just sitting next to me not being touched or anything so there was nothing I noticed to have gotten him so aroused.

I just showed my dad and asked if he thought it looked abnormal at all, he said no and that Moose is just a healthy boy 😅 which made me feel a little better and now I’m feeling stupid getting worried about Moose having an exceptionally large red rocket. I’ve already typed this and I wouldn’t mind some reassurance that I have nothing to be concerned about anyways, maybe this post will provide a laugh if nothing else 🙈

And without further-ado, here is a picture of the subject in discussion:
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Felidae Gesture

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
looks normal- should he get another erection where the bulbous penis is exposed, just put some KY or something on it so it slides back without taking hair along for the ride which can cut his penis.

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,934 Posts
Please no unsolicited dick pics! 🤣🤣🤣

Your dad's right. He's just a normal, healthy, growing boy. I'd only be concerned about it if it doesn't go down for more than an hour or so.

• Haha
Reactions: goldielynn

·
Registered
Finn
448 Posts
Finn has erections all the time and I've been too embarrassed to make a thread asking 😅 Even if he's just sitting there and we're ignoring him, and especially when we're doing training. All the time. Will it stop with age?

·
Registered
119 Posts
My boy is 7 months and he gets them often, sometimes when he’s excited or also when he’s relaxed and chilling. I think it’s funny, my girlfriend doesn’t like it lol she only had female dogs before.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please no unsolicited dick pics! 🤣🤣🤣

Your dad's right. He's just a normal, healthy, growing boy. I'd only be concerned about it if it doesn't go down for more than an hour or so.
Hahah, I gave the subject matter in my post's title so therefor I do not believe it's unsolicited! 😉😝
Yeah he put it back into his sheath a few seconds after I noticed it. I only had to ask if he wanted to eat and then pretend like I was getting out of the car before simply rolling the window down for him to get distracted enough to sheath this lipstick.

Finn has erections all the time and I've been too embarrassed to make a thread asking 😅 Even if he's just sitting there and we're ignoring him, and especially when we're doing training. All the time. Will it stop with age?
Haha I'm glad I'm not alone, Moose is the first dog I've personally owned and I knew about dogs getting red rockets but until actually owning a puppy I had no clue the frequency and the crazy amount of times dogs got aroused. And sometimes like today they will literally be doing absolutely nothing just sitting there and out it goes for no reason 😂
I have heard it does get less frequent with age, and especially after they are neutered. Though I have heard a few people say how neutering didn't actually effect their arousals like it usually does.

Some people think it's gross which I can see why, but for me it isn't gross... it's seeing such a raw & tender fleshy thing sticking out and all I can think of is omg that looks like it would hurt if it rubbed up against something. And then whenever even a little dust sized piece ends up touching against a blanket or anything all I can think of is how much it stings because I see it as an open wound. I'm assuming it doesn't hurt him when it simply brushes up against something, but it has to be super sensitive doesn't it?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I only had to ask if he wanted to eat and then pretend like I was getting out of the car before simply rolling the window down for him to get distracted enough to sheath this lipstick.
I'm 50% reading this thread for comments like this and because I love that a forum exists where people are not afraid to ask questions, and 50% because we had a beloved boy GR growing up and in first grade I distinctly remember running to get my parents because I saw this happen and was worried something very bad had happened to Buddy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts