Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
All the time.
DH and MIL usually tell me to shop for myself so it isn't a problem.:D

I hate to shop so this is pretty much the only time of year I'm in ths stores and I have to stock up!

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
My husband doesn't shop all year, but when the ads start showing up, and when the "message" we all get this time of year is BUY BUY BUY, he will find stuff he has been wanting. The problem is, then there is nothing left to buy for him that he really wants.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
I just did this yesterday. We were out shopping for tables for our train set up (which we eventually did find) and went to Tractor Supply. I found a nice pair of winter gloves and hat for DD and handed a purple pair to 'Santa' to wrap up and put under the tree. Then at JoAnn Fabrics I found a thread holder box that was just right AND we had a 40% off coupon that expired that day. So, picked that up as well. It sort of ruins the surprise but they were bargains too good to pass up!

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Tractor Supply and you got out cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love that store. Sigh.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
I KNOW!!! We were discussing in the car whether we should check out their table or not. Penny's Dad really wanted too...I didn't think they be what we wanted. I gave in but put him on notice "You know I'll buy other stuff once I get in there, don't you?!"

I was right...didn't like their tables. But, their winter gear is OUTSTANDING!! I even got a hat for him! One of those Mad Bomber Hats for when he's out on the tractor dumping manure. :smooch: Of course his goes under the tree too. :uhoh:

·
Registered
13,084 Posts
Oh, yes! All the time. The worst is when I get up to the cash, and the girl or guy says, "do you need a gift receipt?" Uh... no. It's for me! :eek:

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
It's gotten to be a joke at our house--on both of our ends! So, at Christmas time we usually shop together, pick out what we want, give it to the other at the end of the trip, and we put them in big felt Santa Bags, to be opened at Christmas and enjoyed....Sometimes an inner child comes out prematurely and one or the other of us needs to enjoy it a little sooner. Our solution--okay, if you really need it you can get it out of the Bag, but you have to put the empty box back in. We LOVE the month of December!

I get in trouble when I decide I want to get a surprise gift for hubby--that's when I find for myself.

·
Kate
21,691 Posts
*nods* That's why I usually buy ONE thing for myself and wrap it up from my "secret santa". That way it still is special... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts