Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been gone for ages! Shiloh's UTI and health issues were still concerning when I last posted, and I hadn't gotten around to posting the results. In case anyone doesn't quite remember, Shiloh was the 2lbs 8oz puppy we got last summer who had a myriad of health issues from coccidia, giardia, swallowing chicken bones, and eventually chronic UTIs.

After 7 weeks on strong antibiotics, her last UTI finally went away and hasn't been back after several months. So we are in the clear and don't need to worry about expensive testing and surgeries we cant afford! Yay! We think it was just a very deep infection that needed more meds than normal. Also, we avoid chicken, beef and grains in her diet. We think that may have contributed.

Shiloh turned one on July 7th and is FINALLY healthy and perfect! She weighs around 50lbs, and her coat is beautiful, silky and long. She is the BEST kid dog ever, and we feel so blessed to have her in our family! She is kind of obsessive about water, especially the hose. I'm worried she will chip a tooth someday lunging for the hose. ;) We are trying to train her, but I think hose water is a bigger temptation than a raw steak would be. Lol! It may be awhile before she can show restraint around a hose. She loves swimming in the water when we go the beach, too. She fetches great, and even remembers to drop the ball and give it back to us now and then. She is still exuberant and excitable, but very trainable and very loyal. She doesn't run off when off leash in our front yard. Her greatest love in life is to be with us wherever we are and to be a part of everything. She is loving, fun, snuggly, playful and just a perfect all around family dog.

Thank you all for support, encouragement and ideas over the past year as we worked through all of Shiloh's health issues, not to mention the normal puppy stuff like the land shark phase and the zoomies, etc. You all have been such a blessing to us!

I will try to check in a little more often on the other forums, just wanted to officially post here where most of my posts have been.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Happy belated birthday to Shiloh! I am so glad all her health troubles are way behind her and that you found food that agrees with her.

She sounds like she has turned into everything you could have wished for.

Reactions: Mini golden

·
Pearl, Lila, Betty's mom
3,147 Posts
I am looking forward to pictures. I certainly remember the puppy in the tub full of kids, and under the bookcase... I am so glad to hear how wonderful she is with your family

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
813 Posts
You and Shiloh went through such a difficult time.
So happy to hear she is doing well and is now a happy healthy golden.
Enjoy all your days with her.
Perhaps when you get the chance you can post her picture .

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I'm glad that Shiloh is doing well. I was a bit worried when I saw you hadn't been posting for a while. Hope she had a good birthday. She turned out the same size as my Ella. Hope you can update us with pictures!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are a few very recent pictures of her. Two of just her looking pretty. One of her being buried in our sandbox by our oldest son. She's so funny - she really lets them do anything to her. She just wants to be a part of the action. And one of her getting some snuggles with my youngest two kids. She loves when the kids pile on her bed with her and snuggle. She makes a fine pillow (or foot rest or mattress...) and it's so funny to watch her with all her people.

I need to find a few of her older pics, from when she was so little. She has sure come a long way!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
She's beautiful! I can't believe that's the same tiny puppy from your other thread. Just goes to show how some love can really help a dog blossom.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some older pics, from 8 weeks on up. Boy, what a year! It is neat to go back and look at how far she has come. She was so small, and we were so scared that she wouldn't make it. Even if she did make it, I often wondered if she'd ever be normal and healthy! To see her through the year when looking for these pics was fun. She sure has been a character. And I'm so glad I can come back here now, after so many worries, and post pics of her as a happy, healthy girl now!

Attachments

·
Abby and Penny's momma
159 Posts
This is such wonderful news to hear! I was wondering about this tiny pup, when I read about her on the forum. Shiloh is very blessed to have you for her family. Such wonderful news and I need to hear it! Happy late Birthday Shiloh!

·
Bentley's mom
2,138 Posts
Wow what beautiful pictures of her with the kids. So glad she overcame her health issues and is such a blessing to your home. Wonderful news. You've done a tremendous job with her. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts