Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Sam and Jack's Mum!!!!!
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor girl had an emergency trip to the vets on Friday. Came home from shopping and found her limping with blood every where! Seems she tore her left claw off, it was just hanging there by a thread. This is the fifth time this year she has done a claw, the last four times were her dew ones, this one is by far the worst. Poor girl, it has been 48 hrs since we saw the vet, she is on anti inflammatories as well as antibiotics. $200 for all that, they charged me $30 alone for the bandage on top of the consulting fee! Not the usual vet we see, same practice but different vet! Her foot is bandaged heavily, the vet said don't take it off til Tuesday, but I am worried she still won't put it down still.. The problem is the weather is scorching hot here, it's 7.30pm and its still 108 degrees or 42 celcius! Sam loves the water and I have not been able to put her in her pool. the vet said don't get it wet, but Sam insists on dunking her foot in the water bowl and letting it soak for a while!!! I need to have the water there for the heat wave we are having... catch 22 I spose!
I am thinking of taking the bandage off to check it since she insists on wetting it, I have put a plastic bag on her leg and hosed her down as well to keep her cool. Poor baby looks so sad!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.