Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month to two months ago maddison ate a feminine product and i only knew cuz i had to pull it out of her hind end...sorry tmi....she did it again i was out, my husband left the bathroom door open and when i came home i found the empty wrapper and her laying there all content on the floor. i am worried we were lucky it all came out last time. i am not sure if i should just wait and see if it comes out on its own or take her to the vet....i am away for a swim meet this weekend with the kids so he is in charge of the dogs...sigh....or should i just feed her every few hours to try to get things moving to see if that works(thats what vet said to do when she ate a disposable razor) i am just not sure how long to wait.....:no: she is fine, eats, plays and is normal....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,726 Posts
I'm definitely a novice, but you could try feeding something fiborous to move the stuff out. I'm thinking some pumpkin. Hopefully she will "empty out" before you have to leave. They sure do have the worst timing!
 

·
Loving goldens since '95
Joined
·
7,004 Posts
Eeek! :uhoh:

I'm not sure what I would do. I can't see it being bad feeding her a little more to push it through. There's a thread from a few weeks ago about a dog who ate a thong, you could have a look through that to see what others suggested.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,252 Posts
I think for peace of mind, I would get an xray to see what she ate and where it is at. I think from now on, I would get a rubbermaid box and keep all stuff in it to keep her out of it. Why is it that hubbys never understand the seriousness of keeping things out of puppy's reach.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,612 Posts
I'd be worried half to death since those things can swell up huge!

I think you need a trash can with a lid she can't get into.
 

·
Lost Her Mind
Joined
·
3,517 Posts
I hope she's okay. :( We have all of our stuff in the cabinet under the sink, but we put on heavy duty magnets to keep them shut. We even need to give them a strong yank to get them open... it would be VERY difficult for the puppers to get in. (And if they were trying we would hear their scratching before they could get the goods.)

Why is it that hubbys never understand the seriousness of keeping things out of puppy's reach.
Same reason they don't understand that leaving the seat up makes the lady of the family fall into the toilet when she goes in the middle of the night when it's dark and she's groggy. :uhoh:
 

·
Dog Lover
Joined
·
42,038 Posts
asiacat

Asiacat

I would call the vet about this incident and ask what you should do.

Please don't take this as a judgment, but if she got the feminine product and disposable razor out of the garbage can be sure that the garbage can is kept up where she cannot reach it, behind closed doors of a cabinet, or emptied every time you use it. I say this because my Samoyed swallowed a fem. product and I empty the bathroom garbage CAN immediately now.
Also, dogs are PERPETUAL BABIES. We have our KITCHEN GARBAGE CAN UNDER the Kitchen sink so the dogs can't get to it and our dogs our 10 and 11 now, but we still can't trust them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Remington (3 1/2 years) just swallowed a whole, used feminine pad from the trash can :confused:. Besides going out to buy a covered trash can, should I try to make him vomit (it just happened 10-15 minutes ago)? I just read that that could be dangerous and get stuck in his esophagus. Should I feed him more to either push it through or make him vomit? Help, please!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top