Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, thats right, she's learned how to "counter surf" and ate a whole potato!

I came home in the middle of the day and only half of it was gone, so I picked it up and put it against the wall on the couter to show the BF. Well I guess when I left she some how figured out how to get it! :doh:

Should I be worried? I heard potatoes aren't good for dogs. She seems to be acting fine though.

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
She'll be fine! I've never heard anything bad about potatoes.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
When I'm cooking soups or stews I've occasionally thrown Flora a piece of turnip or potato, and no problems yet! Daisy should be fine. :)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Our last golden loved anything made of potato...his favorites though were raw potatoes and frozen fries. Rest easy...Daisy will be fine.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
I was once in training class with a Newfie that was allergic to everything but fish and potatoes. The owner gave him potatoes as his treats.

·
582 Posts
There's an old wives tale that raw potatoes give a dog worms. It's bunk of course, but my Mother still believes it.

·
and now Mollie's mom too
1,268 Posts
And my in laws think dogs can get worms from pork. :doh:

·
MEG
1,568 Posts
Meg ate potatoes straight from my Dads garden all the time. She always appeared from nowhere whenever I started to peel them for dinner and of course she was always rewarded. I lost her 2 yrs ago, just 13 days before her 15th birthday. I think of her every time I peel a spud!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts