Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Golden just had TPLO surgery and they shaved his whole left leg and butt feathers. He's doing well, except the biggest issue is the shaved part. His soft cast was removed yesterday. Now he's confined for 2 weeks and allowed only pee breaks, but he won't go pee b/c I think he doesn't like the feeling of shaved back side. He will walk then sit real fast, over and over, until we make it outside and happens in the yard also.
we say lets go pee-pee, he will walk then again quickly lay down. over and over he won't stand for very long and then sometimes will roll over. We experienced this exact same strange walk and sit real quick behavior last summer, when vet shaved a spot on his butt feathers for a hot spot. I've asked my surgery vet, and he said he has never seen that before. But i'm so positive its the strange naked feeling is why he quickly sits and needs constant reassurance. Anyone on the forum had this same issue or heard of this, looking for suggestion that may help Butters.

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
It could just be that he feels uncomfortable; my guy had FHO surgery last October and had the naked butt you mentioned. I'm in Chicago though and his fur is still growing back. He gets cold pretty quickly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
poor guys. i guess they will get thru it, with plenty of reassurance and attention from us. i hope hair grows back fast.
and what cute pups in that photo!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts