Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it would be nice to have people post pictures of their holiday decor. Tonight I put up the basement tree (the cat has yet to pester it but I am sure he will wait till 3am for that). Sometime this week the upstairs tree will go up. Will get a pic this week of the outside decor to :)

Then browsing some youtube videos I asked if I could do one of the below two videos to the house this year and got a very firm "NO"..darn :(

·
Mulligan & Samantha's Mom
1,263 Posts
I wish I had pictures of our tree to post... but right now our decorations are pretty nonexistent. We're getting married on the 10th and let's just say I have plenty of other things keeping me busy these days. I did manage to put up the manger and a few random things around the house, but that's about it.

Thought I'd post a picture of our "manger" just for kicks and since there's a good chance it might be the most exciting part of our Christmas decorations this year. :)

Attachments

·
3 goldens
11,923 Posts
tHIS IS SOME OF MINE. i DO UP THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND IT TAKES ME A FEW DAYS TO TAKE WHAT NOTS OFF SHELVES, TAKE DOWN PICTUREDS TO HANG WREATHS, GREENRY, ETC, AND THEN SET EVERYTHING UP. iF CORRECT, THE FIRST PICTURE IS OUR OUR TREE IN THE LIVINGROOM. yOU CAN'T TELL, BUT IT IS LOADED WITH GOLDEN RETRIEVER ORNAMENTS, MANY FROM THE dANBURY mINT, ETC.

#2 IS THE BAY WINDOW IN DINING. tHAT gRINCH IS 5 FEET TALL AND "DANCES" AND SINGS THE SONG MR. GRINCH

#3 IS THE FIRE PLACE. MAY NOT I HAE GOLDENS ON THE HEARTH.

#4 IS THE MANTLE. THAT NATIVITY WAS MADE BY OLDER SON ABOUT 30 YEARS AGO. HE MADE THE FIGURES AND YOUNGER SON AND I MADE THE STABLE.

#5 IS BOOK CASE IN LIVINGROOM WHERE I HAE MY LIGHTED VILLAGE. (I THINK THAT IS THIS PICTURE

#6 IS IS OUR FRIDGE. i MADE THOSE FELT "VILLAGE PIECES" ABOUT 30 YEARS AO, USING ALL KINDS OF CRAFT STUFF TO "DECORATE" THEM. jUST GOT THE FRIDGE WINTER SCENE MAGNET FROM cOLLECTIONS OR lAKESIDE, CAN'T REMEMBER WHICH.

#7 IS THE LITTLE GREE ON THE DESK IN THE dISNEY ROOM (WHERE GRANDKIDS STAY WHEN SPENDING THE NIGHT. tHE LITTLE FIGURINES ARE THE CHARACTERS FROM MICKEY'S CHRISTMAS CAROL. ROOM IS FULL OF DISNEY ANIMALS, FIGURES AND THE BEDSRPEAD I EMBROIDERED. I HAVE A 5 FOOT STUFF SANTA ON THAT BED AND SOME STUFF ON THE DRESSER.

#8tHIS IS THE 6 FOOT "GRIONCH TREE" IN WHAT WAS bUCK'S BEDROOM. oNLY BEDROOM WINDOWS FACE THE FRONT SO I PUT THIS TREE THERE SO A TREE CAN BE SEEN FROM THE STREET. I ALSO HAVE A 2 1/2 FOOT TREE ON THE DVD CABINET ALL DECORATED TO FIT THE ROOM--WHICH IS ALL HUNTING AND FISHING-- AND THAT TEE HAS ALL KINDS OF DEER, FISHING STUFF, ETC ON IT.

#9 IS THE DINING TABLE. iS HAD TO TELL, BUT I HAVE 4 WOODEN DEER ON IT TO KINDA MATCH THE PANELING. BESIDES I LOVE WILDLIFE STUFF.

#10 IS THE HALL BATHROOM. YOU CAN ONY SEE THE SHOWER CURTAINS AND MAT AND TOWELS. ON OTHER SIDE I HAE THE MATHCING TOILET SEAT COBER, SOME STUFF ON THE BACK OF THE TOILET, AND AN 18" TREE ON THE END OF THE VANITY DECORATED TO FIT THE ROOM. i LEAVE MY FISH, ETC UP ON THE WALL, SO THE TREEIS DECORATED WITH SEA STUFF, INCLUDING MANY SMALL SHEELS I PICKED UP, AND PAINTED AND PUT GLITTER ON.

#11 IS BOOK CASE IN OUR BEDROOM WITH ALL WHAT NOTS REMOVED, REFILLED WITH cHRISTMAS STUFF. tHAT NATIVITY ON THE TOP SHELF IS 56 YEARS OLD. wAS MY MOM'S.

#12 IS MY COLLECTION OF cHARACTERS FROM rUDOLPH

#13 IS IS (I THINK) OUR BEDROOM WITH cHRISTMAS SPREAD AND THE BOOKCASE OF cHRISTMAS STUFF IN BACKGROUND.
#14 IS THE LITTLE COLLECTION OF gRINCH STUFF ON THE TOP OF THE BOOKCASE IN THE ROOM WITH THE GRINCH TREE.

#15 IS THE BATHROOM IN OUR BEDROOM. iT IS SMALL, BUT i STILL DO IT UP. cANT SEE THE VANITY OR WALLS, BUT THEY ARE DONE ALSO.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,465 Posts

No decorations indoors.

This is our first Christmas in our own house so we don't have anything yet! Just bought the lights a couple weeks ago.

·
3 goldens
11,923 Posts
aND A FEW MORE PICTURES.

#1 IS THE ENTERTIANMENT CENTER INLIVINGROOM, OR AT LEAST THE TOP PART WHERE THE SHLVES ARE. THE BOTTOM HAS DRAWERS ON EITHER SIDE AND GLASS DOORS UNDER THE TV. THOSE TWO SANTAS FISHING ON TOP ARE MECHANICA, BUT I DON'T AHVE THEM PLUGGED IN..

#2 IS THE GOLDEN RETRIEVER CHRISTMAS TRAIN ON THE SHELF RIGHT ABOVE TV IN ENTERTAINMENT CENTER. THIS STAYS OUT YEAR ROUND, JUST TO SWEET TO PACK AWAY AND ONLY USE FOR A FEW WEEKS EACH YEAR.

#3rECLINER WE HAD TO BLOCK OFF THE CORNER SHELF WITH TO PUT OUR TREE WHERE WE WANTED IT. OIN THAT CHAIR IS MR. AND MRS. SANTA, A GRINCH AND HIS DOG MAX. ON THE TOP OF THE CORNER SHELF ARE MY 4 CHRISTMAS DOLLS AND RIGHT BELOW THEM IS THE LITTLE SANTA WORKSHOP. I MADE THE MR. & MRS. SANTA BACK IN '73 AND BOUGHT THE LITTLE ELVES AT A CHRISTMAS STORE, PLUS SOME SMALL TOYS AND THE DEER.

#4MY COMPUTER DESK DONE UP. I ALS MADE MATCHING COVERS FOR KEYBOARD AND PRINTER OUT OF CHRISTMAS MATERIAL.

#5 IS THE ENTRY WAY. THE LARGE RED THING IS MY CARD HOLDER I MADE SOME 30 YEARS AGO OUT OF FELT. I HAVE STOCKINGS FOR ALL FAMILY MEMEBERS, BUT SOME HAVE TO BE IN THE DOORWAY AND ON OPPOSITE WALL. hAVE STUFF ON OPPOSITE WALL THAT CAN'T BE SEEN, PLUS SOME STUFF LIKE A SLED PROPPED UP AGAISNT IT, SOME LITTLE CHRISTMAS DOG STATUES, ETC.

#6I GOT THESE PAPER SNOWMEN ARE ABOUT 35 YEARS OLD. MY YOUNGEST SON CONNED ME INTO GETTING THEM WHEN HE WAS ABOUT 7. EVERY YEAR I THINK IT WILL BE THE LAST YEAR I USE THEM AS THEY HAVE TURNED YELLOW INSTEAD OF WHITE, ETC, BUT EACH YEAR I PUT THEM BACK UP, USING TAPE ON THE BACK TO TAPE THEM TO FURNACE DOOR IN HALLWAY. AND EVERYONE STILL SAYS HOW CUTE THEY ARE.

#7 hAVE HAD THIS LITTLE eSKIMO THING ABOUT 22 YEARS. AGAIN IT WAS YOUNGEST SON CONNED ME INTO GETTING THIS ON SALE AFTER CHRISTMAS WHEN HE WAS ABOUT 20 AND HOME FROM COLLEGE FOR CHRISTAMS BREAK.

#8 JUST A SNAP OF SOFA AND COFFEE TABLE. LOVE THOSE SNOW GLOBES ON THE COFFEE TABLE.

i DO HAVE MORE PICTURES AND STUFF I DIDN'T EVEN TAKE PCITURES OF. WISH I HAD SOME OF OUR FRONT YARD. HAVE THE TWO PINE TREES BY DRIVEWAY WRAPPED WAY UP THE TRUNKS, HAVE 4 LIGHTED DEER, A TRAIN, AN BIG ANGLE, A GOOD SIZE NATIVITY AND STRING OF SNOWMEN LIGHTS IN FRONT YARD. tHE HOLLY BUSHES ALONG THE FRONT AS LIGHT UP AS IS THE BIG HUGE BUSH AT THACORNER OF HOUSE., AND OF COURSE ON THE HOUSE. oN ONE SIDE I HAVE A BIG LIGHTED TREE WE REFER TO AS THE BURNING BUSH AS IT CAN BE SEEN A MILE AWAY! hAVE HAD IT ABOUT 10 YEARS AND THE ONES THEY MAK NOW ARE RATHER SCRAGGLY COMPARED TO IT. AROUND IT I HAVE A CERCILE OF LIGHTED FOOT BALL CANDY CANS AND A SANTA AND DEER ARE BESIDE IT. ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HOUSE HAVE LIGHTS RUNNING DOWN THE FLOWER BED. ALSO HAVE LIGHTS IN THE FAKE TREE ON THE COVERED PATIO PLUS LIGHTS AROUND IT, GREENRY AROUND THE POSTS AND A WREATH ON THE CENTER ONE.

Attachments

·
Kate
21,663 Posts
I'm over here enjoying the pictures. Keep putting them up guys. :)

We are pretty traditional... er... don't put our decorations up until Christmas Eve and then leave everything up through the 2nd or 3rd week in January. We don't even buy our tree until the week (or so) before Christmas. :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Gonna get up in the attic and take everything down tomorrow :) Hubby wants to wait till this weekend to do the outdoor lights but I might tough it up and do it myself!!

3 Goldens, I am guessing you like Christmas!? ;) Love all the pics!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
wow, great pics! 3 goldens, where oh where do you store it all the rest of the year?

·
3 goldens
11,923 Posts
HA HA HA, YES i LOVE CHRISTMAS. AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT, i HAVE ABOUT AS MUCH STUFF FOR HALLOWEEN, FOR THANKSGIVING, A GOOD AMOUNT FOR EATER, A FAIR AMOUNT FOR JULY 4TH, A LITTLE FOR VALENTINE, AND A TAD FOR ST. PATRICKS. I HAVE SHOWER CURTAINS & MATS, ETC FOR ALL BUT ST. PADDY'S DAY. LIGHTED VILLAGES FOR CHRISTMAS, HALLOWEEN, THANKSGVING AND EASTER.

ANWAY, WE HAVE A LARGE 2 CAR GARAGE THAT YOU COULD BARELY FIT A TOY REMOTE CONTROL CAR IN DUE TO TOTES AND TOES OF STUFF. HAVE SOME IN THE SMALL AREA OF ATTIC WHERE WE CAN STORE STUFF, AND TOTES AND BOXES IN EVERY CLOSET IN THE HOUSE.

GOTTA START MY CHRISTMAS BAKING/CANDY MAKING SOON. PLAN TO MAKE FRUIT CAKE NEXT WEEK SO IT CAN SIT FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS BEFORE CUTTING. I HAE MADE ONE OF BY THIS RECIPE EVERY YEAR SINCED '72 I MAKE SEVERAL LOAVES OF CRANBERRY/NUT BREAD MADE WITH FRESH CRANBERRIES (BEEN MAKING THIS FOR 38 YEARS. MY SON GOT THE RECIPE FROM HIS wEEKLY rEADER WHEN HE WAS 7 YEARS OLD. ALSO MAKE SEVERAL LOAVES OF PUMPKIN.DRIED CRANBERRY/WALNUT BREAD. mAKE SOME REGULAR SIZE LOAVES AND SOME MINI LOAVES OF THE BREADS AS I LIKE TO SHARE WITH THE BOYS & THEIR FAMILIES AND WITH FRIENDS.

AS FOR CANDY I MAKE REGUALR FUDGE, PEANUTBUTTER FUDGE, ROCKEY ROAD, SNOWBALLS, DATE BALLS, WHITE CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZLES, AND 3 BATCHES OF PEANUTBRITTLE

COOKIES, WELL, ALWAYS CHOCOLATE CHIP, PEANUTBUTTER, OATMEAL, SNICKER DOODLES, SCOTH SHORTBREAD, SUGAR COOKIES (CUT OUT AND CECORATED FOR THE KIDDIES), MINT CHIP COOKIES, AND THEN I MAKE ODD AND ENDS ONES THAT VARY FROM YEAR TO YEAR--BRICKLE, CHOCOLATE/PEANUTBUTTER CHIP, THUMB PRINT, ETC. i MAKE UP TRAYS OF COOKIES AND CANDIES TO GIVE TO SEVERAL NEIGHBORS AND TO MY VET & HIS CREW. AND OF COURSE SHRE WITH MY SONS. THEY THINK NOBODY CAN MAKE COOKIES AND CANDY AS GOOD ME. I DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY GET THAT IDEA OTHER THAN THEY GREW UP WITH ALL THIS STUFF EVERY CHRISTMAS AND IT IS JUST HABIT TO THINK MINE IS THE BEST.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
I wish I had pictures of our tree to post... but right now our decorations are pretty nonexistent. We're getting married on the 10th and let's just say I have plenty of other things keeping me busy these days. I did manage to put up the manger and a few random things around the house, but that's about it.

Thought I'd post a picture of our "manger" just for kicks and since there's a good chance it might be the most exciting part of our Christmas decorations this year. :)
best wishes on the 10th! should make for an especially happy Christmas this year.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
3 Goldens - your decorations are amazing and if you're done at your house, you're welcome to come visit California and do mine :p:

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My dog would hate that Grinch statue lol. I could see him right now when he sees it.

I am doing the other tree today and the stuff around the house. So I will get pics later :)

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
HA HA HA, YES i LOVE CHRISTMAS. AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT, i HAVE ABOUT AS MUCH STUFF FOR HALLOWEEN, FOR THANKSGIVING, A GOOD AMOUNT FOR EATER, A FAIR AMOUNT FOR JULY 4TH, A LITTLE FOR VALENTINE, AND A TAD FOR ST. PATRICKS. I HAVE SHOWER CURTAINS & MATS, ETC FOR ALL BUT ST. PADDY'S DAY. LIGHTED VILLAGES FOR CHRISTMAS, HALLOWEEN, THANKSGVING AND EASTER.

ANWAY, WE HAVE A LARGE 2 CAR GARAGE THAT YOU COULD BARELY FIT A TOY REMOTE CONTROL CAR IN DUE TO TOTES AND TOES OF STUFF. HAVE SOME IN THE SMALL AREA OF ATTIC WHERE WE CAN STORE STUFF, AND TOTES AND BOXES IN EVERY CLOSET IN THE HOUSE.

GOTTA START MY CHRISTMAS BAKING/CANDY MAKING SOON. PLAN TO MAKE FRUIT CAKE NEXT WEEK SO IT CAN SIT FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS BEFORE CUTTING. I HAE MADE ONE OF BY THIS RECIPE EVERY YEAR SINCED '72 I MAKE SEVERAL LOAVES OF CRANBERRY/NUT BREAD MADE WITH FRESH CRANBERRIES (BEEN MAKING THIS FOR 38 YEARS. MY SON GOT THE RECIPE FROM HIS wEEKLY rEADER WHEN HE WAS 7 YEARS OLD. ALSO MAKE SEVERAL LOAVES OF PUMPKIN.DRIED CRANBERRY/WALNUT BREAD. mAKE SOME REGULAR SIZE LOAVES AND SOME MINI LOAVES OF THE BREADS AS I LIKE TO SHARE WITH THE BOYS & THEIR FAMILIES AND WITH FRIENDS.

AS FOR CANDY I MAKE REGUALR FUDGE, PEANUTBUTTER FUDGE, ROCKEY ROAD, SNOWBALLS, DATE BALLS, WHITE CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZLES, AND 3 BATCHES OF PEANUTBRITTLE

COOKIES, WELL, ALWAYS CHOCOLATE CHIP, PEANUTBUTTER, OATMEAL, SNICKER DOODLES, SCOTH SHORTBREAD, SUGAR COOKIES (CUT OUT AND CECORATED FOR THE KIDDIES), MINT CHIP COOKIES, AND THEN I MAKE ODD AND ENDS ONES THAT VARY FROM YEAR TO YEAR--BRICKLE, CHOCOLATE/PEANUTBUTTER CHIP, THUMB PRINT, ETC. i MAKE UP TRAYS OF COOKIES AND CANDIES TO GIVE TO SEVERAL NEIGHBORS AND TO MY VET & HIS CREW. AND OF COURSE SHRE WITH MY SONS. THEY THINK NOBODY CAN MAKE COOKIES AND CANDY AS GOOD ME. I DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY GET THAT IDEA OTHER THAN THEY GREW UP WITH ALL THIS STUFF EVERY CHRISTMAS AND IT IS JUST HABIT TO THINK MINE IS THE BEST.
Can I live with you...please??????:p:

·
Registered
277 Posts
oh my gosh 3 goldens where did you get all the grinch stuff?? i love the grinch that is so awesome!

·
Registered
277 Posts
i don't have many decorations yet because all our stuff is still in storage back where we moved from :( but we're going to get it next weekend!

i decorated the dog though! (as you can tell she really does not like the santa hat haha.) i even had a little rudolph hat for the cat, but pumba found it yesterday and thought it was a toy :p lol

Attachments

·
3 goldens
11,923 Posts
My Honey refuses to wear anything on her head! I wanted to get a picture of her with a Santa hat on but she just slings her head around---then wants to play with the hat when it flies off.

As for the Grinch stuff, my hubby has about 20 different Grinch shirts and 3or 4 pair of grinch pants--a couple heavy fluzzy stuff and a couple light weight. I only have one grinch shirt, but do have a pair of Grinch pj's. He starts wearing his
Grinch shirts about mid Nov so that he gets to wear them all at least once.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
3 goldens

3 GOLDENS

WOW, your Christmas Decorations are amazing!!! MY husband would just LOVE THE GRINCH STATUE!!! Where did you get it?

·
Registered
277 Posts
lol i have to be quick with a camera cause this santa hat has a strap but she pulls it off with her paw :p

·
Banned
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Heres the tree upstairs. By the time that was done I had a massive migraine and I was to lazy to go take pics of outside lol

Heres a view a little farther back

·
3 goldens
11,923 Posts
Am loving all the pictures. As for the Grinch, it came from Walmart about 7 years ago. At the time they not only had the grinches, but also Santa.s that sway and sing. Havne't seen any in years. The grandkids love it and we actually hae to shut it off when they are here or they will push the button over and over and over and over.

Aslo you hook a microphone up and sing into it and it appears the Grinch is singing. Is a really neat thing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts