Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Our five-year-old Golden, Odin, was up about twice a night when he was a baby; once a night when he was adolescent.
Now, at five years, he puts himself to bed around 730PM and won’t budge until around 6AM. He sleeps on a memory foam bed with a personal heater in our garage. Waking him up in the morning is like rousing a teenager. I always get the “Really, mom?” face.
He generally takes a midday nap for a few hours as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Our five-year-old Golden, Odin, was up about twice a night when he was a baby; once a night when he was adolescent.
Now, at five years, he puts himself to bed around 730PM and won’t budge until around 6AM. He sleeps on a memory foam bed with a personal heater in our garage. Waking him up in the morning is like rousing a teenager. I always get the “Really, mom?” face.
He generally takes a midday nap for a few hours as well.
Haha! Omg how darling. Glad he understands the value of a good nap!:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all: hope you're all having a great 2020 so far and staying warm! I'm prepping to get a golden pup and just doing my final research to make sure I'm ready. How long do your goldens sleep, at ANY stage of their lives (including adulthood!)?? What times do they sleep at night?? Thank you so much in advance!:) (please feel free to share your golden pics because I would LOVE that!)
We bought a snuggle puppy from Amazon and he slept straight through the night starting on day two and he was only 8 weeks old. It has a heartbeat that you can turn on in its belly that calms the puppy and makes him feel comfortable. It was a miracle worker!!!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Hi all: hope you're all having a great 2020 so far and staying warm! I'm prepping to get a golden pup and just doing my final research to make sure I'm ready. How long do your goldens sleep, at ANY stage of their lives (including adulthood!)?? What times do they sleep at night?? Thank you so much in advance!:) (please feel free to share your golden pics because I would LOVE that!)
I just got a new puppy 11 days ago and he is such a sweetie. Logan. The first night he woke up three times. After that night, he has slept through the night every single night. I know things can change, but so far so good. I have him in a 22" crate and play meditation music at night for him via Alexa. It turns off automatically after an hour. He goes to bed anywhere between 10:15 and 10:45 and wakes up from 6:30 to 7:00 a.m.

As for my previous Golden, as an adult he slept whenever I did so through the night and got up sometimes early, sometimes later. He also took a nap whenever I did.

Good luck to you! It's so exciting to get a new puppy! We certainly are smiling a lot more here.

·
INSTAGRAM: golden_lilyy_
286 Posts
my 4 month old Monty gets his last pee at 1130pm, and then sleeps till 9am in the morning. previously i'd wake him at 1am for a pee and he'd sleep till 9am, but now i've cut the last 1am pee and so far he's been alright.

throughout the day he naps alot in between intensive playing!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We bought a snuggle puppy from Amazon and he slept straight through the night starting on day two and he was only 8 weeks old. It has a heartbeat that you can turn on in its belly that calms the puppy and makes him feel comfortable. It was a miracle worker!!!
Omg this is so helpful!! Thank you so much! So glad it helped your pup feel comfortable!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I just got a new puppy 11 days ago and he is such a sweetie. Logan. The first night he woke up three times. After that night, he has slept through the night every single night. I know things can change, but so far so good. I have him in a 22" crate and play meditation music at night for him via Alexa. It turns off automatically after an hour. He goes to bed anywhere between 10:15 and 10:45 and wakes up from 6:30 to 7:00 a.m.

As for my previous Golden, as an adult he slept whenever I did so through the night and got up sometimes early, sometimes later. He also took a nap whenever I did.

Good luck to you! It's so exciting to get a new puppy! We certainly are smiling a lot more here.

Congratulations!! Thank you SO much for the absolutely darling picture!! I can see why you're smiling so much:) but wow! You have been so lucky with this pup. I'm so happy for you!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Oh my goodness how darling!!! Thank you for sharing! Congrats on getting him to sleep through the night!:)
my 4 month old Monty gets his last pee at 1130pm, and then sleeps till 9am in the morning. previously i'd wake him at 1am for a pee and he'd sleep till 9am, but now i've cut the last 1am pee and so far he's been alright. View attachment 869809

throughout the day he naps alot in between intensive playing!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our two year old golden pretty much sleeps when we do plus additional naps throughout the day. We just got his 14 month younger sister about a month ago and we put her to bed in her crate around 8 (but she will sometimes fall asleep before then), take her out for potty before we go to bed at 10, and then wake her up at 6 am when we go to work. She is a sound sleeper and doesn’t make a peep all night!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts