Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 13 week boy, Finn has front paws that shake when he's just sitting- it's kind of like a trembling, just one paw at a time, always when he's sitting and looking up at me. (I should also add that it's usually after he's been racing around which make me wonder if it's a muscle/tired thing?) I've asked the vets about it, but of course he never does it when we're at the vets- otherwise he's got great health and energy; He currently weighs about 25 lbs and the vet says he's still really lean, (ribs felt easily) and I wondered if maybe he needs more food. He's currently getting 3 cups of Iams puppy everyday. Has anyone else seen this shakey leg thing?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Simon did this when he was a pup. It's normal and does go away.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Just a guess here. but could be from an inmature nervous system. Should go away as the puppy gets a little older.

·
aka Ali, Oscar's mom
493 Posts
Oscar did the same thing every so often. Freaked us out at first, I was sure he had some crazy leg problems!!... but no, the vet said it's normal, growing puppy thing. Not sure why though. And yep, it definitely has not happened in a while, and he is 6 months old now.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yup, our Finn does it too. I think I have been seeing it less and less since he came home but I thought the same thing that you did. I guess we can cast it up to one of those puppy things....

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Comet does that too, though less and less as he's gotten older. It increases when he's excited. I've learned not to freak out about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts