Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,656 Posts
I hope the owners will reach out to the GR Rescues you sent them info on especially since they aren't asking a rehoming fee.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
One morning my husband was cruising Facebook and found a golden on the marketplace. Free golden. I called immediately and picked her up within a few hours. I was able to place this golden same day with a friend that was looking for a second dog.

This dog had an interesting story. First owner was in the military. He hunted extensively. He trained the dog very well and she lived a great life with him. When the dog was 8, he was transferred to a foreign country that wouldn't allow him to bring a dog. So he gave her to another military family. Single mom with 2 kids. And after a couple of years, this military family was getting transferred also. The dog had never been mistreated and was super well trained. Like take this dog to a CGC test and pass and take them to a junior hunt test and pass without any training. This was a really good dog.

I took a chance I could place the dog. I was right I did immediately. In Alaska there are so very few goldens in rescue. The golden rescue up here only places maybe 5 a year. 15 years ago they placed 100.

What I'm suggesting is, get the dog. I bet you could find a home pretty darn quick. I wouldn't wait and hope for a rescue that may or may not have the funds to pick up the dog.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also emailed the rescues about him. Homeward Bound is phenomenal. The last time I emailed them about a free Golden on Craigslist, they told me they could take her if I could deliver her to them, which I did. NGRR is wonderful, also. I’ll see what either one of them say. ?

·
Super Moderator
1,269 Posts
I also emailed the rescues about him. Homeward Bound is phenomenal. The last time I emailed them about a free Golden on Craigslist, they told me they could take her if I could deliver her to them, which I did. NGRR is wonderful, also. I’ll see what either one of them say. ?

I have a Golden that I adopted from NGRR. Thank you for contacting them. I hope this Golden lands in a safe, loving home.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'll forward to TrueLove Rescue. They have many fabulous families on the waiting list.
PS: Alex has been adopted :)))))))))

1 - 7 of 7 Posts