Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
3 goldens
11,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seven yerarso ago today Dec. 7, 2002 (Pearl Harbor Day) we were conned into adopted a golden retriever mix. Now, we had no intnention of getting a 4th dog. We had goldes Buck, and littermates Hunter and KayCee. After we refused to go look t her, the rescue actually BROUGHT HER TO OUR DOOR WITH OUR NEIGHBORS FROM ACROSS THE STREET. We learned she had been one hour from being gassed from the pound when the rescue snatched her up. She had been spayed, up to date on shots and parasite free. But it was those HUGE chocolate colored eyes and warm pink tongue on our faces that "conned us" into saying yes, we wanted that little girl. Tehy said she was "right at a year old". We decided to make that day not only her "Gotcha Day, but also her "official 1st birthday.

Well, she was not parasite free, we weere to find out. She had heartworms and we had her treated. Over the next few years she ate d0con rat poison we accidently knocked out of the attic--emergency rip to hospitalo. She ATE my husbands leather wallet, leaving only a little gauze of the lining and the picture secontion, and chewed corners off his driver's license and credit card, ate an entire leather wallet, chew about 3 inches off the end of a leather belt. She counter surfes and is quick as lightning at snatching any food that drops to the floor. She takes any tissue or napkin or paper towel out of trash can and eats them (we are careful to put them in toilet or big trash in another room), and chew the corners off any enveloped she can get, opened or not.

She doesn't like to be wet and we have to force her outside if it is the least bit of moisture falling--and off the patio if grass is wet. She loves everyone and things any time there is a knock on the door or the door bell rings someone has come to see her.

She expects to get her nylabone for a little while after supper, she expects a treat at bedrim. She expects to get a tad of ice cream when we have some. She loveds to throw her rope toy around and make us laugh at her. She sleeps on the bed at night so she can be close to us. She loves her vet.

She had a mast cell tumor removed from her rear leg last spring and since we have had 3 more lumps checked and none were turmors. She does have a problemn with have hallucinations after being put under and it is so pitiful to sit and hold her with her so fearful of something we can't see, whimpering and crying, eyes ubbed out seeing something that isn't there.

We lost our Hunter Oct. 16, 2003, at 4 years (Proheart 6 killed him), our Buck May 15, 2007 (Heart attack at 12 yrs. 3 months), and our KayCee May 25, 2008 at 8 yrs. 9 months to cancer. Honey is all we have left and what a bright spot in ur lives this "conning" girl is. I thank God every day for bringing her into our lives.

HAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY HONEY BUNNY, MY SWEET NESS AS I CALL HER SO OFTEN.

Attachments

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Happy birthday Honey have a great day.

·
MEG
1,568 Posts
Shes a beautiful girl. Happy Birthday Honey.

·
where the tails wag
13,384 Posts
Happy Birthday, Gotcha Day Honey :)

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Happy Birthday Honey - hope you have a great birthday

·
2,472 Posts
woohoo, happy B-day Honey!!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Ruby wishes Honey a very special 8th Birthday!!! She is a precious girl.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Happy Birthday and Gotcha Day, Honey. I know your Mom and Dad are spoiling you rotten on your special day. Bet you get some good stew this weekend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts