As August is fast approaching, I’m starting to think about what we’re going to do at university, since she is my service dog in training. She will be 8 months old a week after classes start, which makes me wonder about her going into heat. I’m debating between an ovary sparing spay and just waiting until she is done with her first heat. Does anyone remember about the first time that their girl went into heat? Do you think that the ovary sparing spay would be best to do now or wait until after she goes into heat?