Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fourlakes has picked a theme for September, Having Fun Outdoors.

There have been many things that we cannot do during this COVID 19 pandemic. But people have found a new love for the outdoors - hiking, swimming, gardening, just spending time outside.
And our Goldens love being out there with us - and having fun is their specialty.

Entries will be accepted until Tuesday, September 22.

Please, one entry per membership.
Remember that if you submit more than one photo, the first one will be entered in the voting poll.

We love all our member pics so join the fun and share a photo.
As always you must have 25 posts (when the contest closes) for your pic to be entered into the voting poll.
Members can win only one time per calendar year but we'd still enjoy seeing those golden pics.

Here's an example photo from Fourlakes of Piper and Tally enjoying time at the lake.
fourlakes920.jpg

·
Registered
17,700 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Foxy doing what she loves to do best!
Shut down the contest. We have the winner.
Edit: The game is most-def "on"...

☑ Outdoors?
☑ Golden Retriever?

Bonus points for...
☑ Action shot?
☑ Golden Retriever in water?
☑ Golden Retriever...retrieving?
☑ Active elements in frame (i.e., Golden Retriever, splashing water)?
☑ Cool reflective elements in water?

In all seriousness, my only critique of this picture is I would have liked to have seen Foxy's head more centered in the frame (e.g., a bit lower, and further to the right). Otherwise, the framing and use of negative space to give Foxy "somewhere to go" with that prodigious bound is spot on.

Cool pic!

·
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is a wonderful start to the photo contest featuring pics of goldens Having Fun Outdoors.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Shut down the contest. We have the winner.

☑ Outdoors?
☑ Golden Retriever?

Bonus points for...
☑ Action shot?
☑ Golden Retriever...retrieving?

In all seriousness, my only critique of this picture is I would have liked to have seen Foxy's head more centered in the frame (e.g., a bit lower, and further to the right). Otherwise, the framing and use of negative space to give Foxy "somewhere to go" with that prodigious bound is spot on.

Cool pic!
Thanks, SoCalEngr....the feedback on technique is also good...!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Cowabunga!
Oh man, this contest is actually getting good. I don't even care that I have zero chance of winning this thing. The pix being submitted simply rock.

☑ Outdoors?
☑ Golden Retriever?

Bonus points for...
☑ Action shot?
☑ Golden Retriever doing "golden retriever thing"?

I had to copy/zoom the pic to notice that subject pooch has definitely already been involved in one-or-more splashdowns. The framing is spot on. The only "improvement" I could envision is purely a photography thing. Everything is in fairly sharp focus, and using a wider f-stop would have introduced some cool bokeh effects for background elements.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Max at the beach.
Yet another cool "golden retriever doing retrievery things in water" pic. Again, I don't even care that these pix mean I have zero chance of winning this thing. The pix being submitted simply rock.

☑ Outdoors?
☑ Golden Retriever?

Bonus points for...
☑ Action shot?
☑ Golden Retriever in water (is this a lake?)?
☑ Golden Retriever doing "golden retriever thing"?

The framing is spot on, and I love the water elements.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts