Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cookie´s Dad
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do your senior Goldies like to swim? It's really good for their joints and their muscles. My 13 year old Cookie went through surgery for her rear knee cross ligaments when she was 9, and swimming was the best recovery exercise for her. She is still going strong, and loves swimming!

Here she is doing what she enjoys the most!

:wave::wave::wave::wave:

·
Keisel & Miller's Mom
957 Posts
That's such a lovely video - I loved watching it - reminded me of my bridge girl Brandy. She loved to swim like this when she was older. I truly believe swimming gave her a few more years of enjoyment at the end. She lived to be 17 and everyone asked what we did to get her to live that long. I always said 'swimming and rubber booties to help her get up'. This made me smile - thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Santi

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Excellent video! I always wanted to go to Spain! I'm sure my goldens would love going too!

Reactions: Santi

·
Cookie´s Dad
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's such a lovely video - I loved watching it - reminded me of my bridge girl Brandy. She loved to swim like this when she was older. I truly believe swimming gave her a few more years of enjoyment at the end. She lived to be 17 and everyone asked what we did to get her to live that long. I always said 'swimming and rubber booties to help her get up'. This made me smile - thanks for sharing.
Im so sorry for your loss! I'm sure she had a great life!! As you say, 'swimming and rubber booties to help her get up' is a great combo!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Love the video - SO cool! Cookie is a lucky girl - I'd love to live in Spain again! I lived there five years ago and can't wait to get back to visit again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts