Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found this guy's listing today.
PetHarbor.com: Animal Shelter adopt a pet; dogs, cats, puppies, kittens! Humane Society, SPCA. Lost & Found.
Poor old guy. Looks like he has a sore on his chest.

I'm not sure if this is the dog but someone posted a note on craigslist saying that they found a retriever at the park and they blasted the owner for just dumping him. Here's the post: http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/pet/2724381753.html
Fingers crossed for him. Unless a kind soul decides to adopt him I don't think things will turn out well for him.

Edit: if any members live near TAS West do you think you could go and visit with him? I have a feeling that he is sick and perhaps won't get adopted out and I'm sure it would mean a lot to him to have some loving kindness.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is an update on this dog.
RE: Scum- Dog is in TAS west now thanks to you.

Sadly, I was right. This poor boy does not have very long to live. His owner did abandon him at a park. I pray that he doesn't try to reclaim him. At least now this poor boy will be shown love and respect for whatever time he has left.

Reactions: Karen519

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Wow, how horrible.

I'm glad the people who found him are fostering him. In this case, I hope the owner isn't looking for him and the poor pup can live out the rest of his life in peace.

·
Premium Member
18,421 Posts
God bless good people with compassion for helpless animals. I hope he gets to go home with them and know warmth, comfort and care for the rest of his life.

·
Registered
13,083 Posts
I don't know how people can be so heartless and cruel. I am so thankful to the person who found him. At least this poor guy will know some love and caring at the end of his life.

Reactions: C's Mom

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found out that this boy went to the GR rescue yesterday. Our city shelter called him "St. Nick". I'm sure he is going to have a loving home for the rest of his days now.

Final update on dog rescued last Sunday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts