Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few good thoughts for Seneca, my Father In Law's greyhound, and a frequent, much loved, guest in our home.
She developed a limp and is at the vet for xrays and bloodwork.
Osteosarcoma is the most likely culprit as it is the most insidious deadly cancer for Greyhounds...
Father In Law is prepared for the worst and praying for the best.

Attachments

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Good thoughts for this beautiful girl.

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Mary, all pawsitive thoughts that lovely Seneca has something easy to fix and NOT that dreaded cancer. Waiting is nerve-wracking, so I hope your FIL gets news soon.

·
love my goofy goldens
2,431 Posts
Oh, she is a lovely girl! Definitely sending positive thoughts that this is nothing serious.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately it is Osteosarcoma...she is on pain meds (FIL couldnt remember which one). He just brought her over for a car ride and her limp is nearly gone....

He has decided not to amputate and focus on pain management & quality of life. Not that she wasnt treated like a princess before her dx...but she is now treated like a queen....visiting her favorite places, taking her favorite walks and eating her favorite foods. It was a wonderfully warm day here today and they strolled through the wooded paths near their home...sniffing all the chipmunk holes...

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
So sorry to hear this news :(. Seneca (I have always loved that name) is just lovely. Sounds like they are making the most of their time together

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Oh Mary, I am so very sorry. How wonderful that the pain went away with pain meds. Selka's limp just got worse.
I hope she has much quality time left and it sounds like she will continue to be spoiled rotten. : )

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Seneca is so beautiful. I'm so sorry for the diagnosis. Sending thoughts and prayers that the meds continue to keep this dear girl from pain and that there is more time for her.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I am sorry. She is a beautiful girl with wonderful eyes. I hope they have many, many great days together yet.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
I too am sending comforting thoughts her way. Good to hear the pain meds are making her feel good. Hope for many more wonderful times. So sorry to hear this.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is a bit of a honeymoon of relief no doubt....:(
He is in his late 70's and my MIL was the one to handle ALL things dog-care related... Im hoping he will let me go with him for her next vet check...

Oh Mary, I am so very sorry. How wonderful that the pain went away with pain meds. Selka's limp just got worse.
I hope she has much quality time left and it sounds like she will continue to be spoiled rotten. : )

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Just seeing the update... so sorry for the news.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts