Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am hoping to adopt my first golden retriever in summer of 2022! Because of longer waiting lists, I am starting to contact breeders now. My question is, when submitting an application for a puppy, have any of you ever sent in photos of your family/home/activities with the application? I am considering attaching a few photos, maybe 3-4, so that the breeder can get a better idea of what kind of life a puppy would have if placed with me. I’m not sure if this would be overkill, or if breeders might appreciate it because it gives them a better picture of who I am and what my home would be like for one of their dogs. If you’ve ever done this before please leave a comment, or if you’re a breeder let me know whether you would find this helpful in making a placement decision.

thanks!

·
Registered
557 Posts
My breeder asked for photos of the fenced yard she requires for puppy placement, and I aded one of our senior dog and also gated porch where dogs spend lots of time with us.
I personally would stay away from cutesy family pictures (but that's just me) but the environment where the dog will live, can't hurt right? :)

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I said all sorts of stuff via email about us and sent photos of my previous Golden and me. I was pretty freshly grieving and I don’t think my breeder minded.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I sent pics of my 17-year old kitty, his sibling that I'd just lost, a pic of my german shepherd that I had years ago, and a fairly recent pic of me with my friend's dog (with a story behind it). The two breeders I'd narrowed it down to didn't mind, and one even commented that he loved the pics and they, along with my very long response to the questionnaire, helped him get a sense of who I am. I don't think it's necessary, but I also don't think it hurts. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts