Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like more and more of our Goldens are coming down with seizures. Do we have a seizure sticky? I know I found this forum trying to get any information I could find on seizures. It seems sadly that more and more are coming for the same reason.

Just an idea,
Cindy

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Lucy (and Rob too). It seems like more and more Goldens are getting seizures. It's nice to have all this information in one spot. Lucy, you are doing such a wonderful thing by sharing your knowledge. I wish you didn't have to have that though.

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
Thank you Lucy (and Rob too). It seems like more and more Goldens are getting seizures. It's nice to have all this information in one spot. Lucy, you are doing such a wonderful thing by sharing your knowledge. I wish you didn't have to have that though.
I confess that requesting the sub-forum was partly in self defense, in a week with three new members with questions about seizures. Sharing what I learned is a kind of memorial to Charlie - a way of giving meaning to what he endured. But there are times when I can't see through the tears to type, so having more information readily accessible to people is a blessing to me and I hope for them.

Hugs to you.
Lucy

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Make that four. My sweet and loyal 11 year old had her first full on seizure today. As you can imagine I am totally wiped out and feel as though I am drowning in a fog of diverse information. A sticky would be awesome and the sub forum is great.

Thank God for this forum!!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Sending you hugs.

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
Make that four. My sweet and loyal 11 year old had her first full on seizure today. As you can imagine I am totally wiped out and feel as though I am drowning in a fog of diverse information. A sticky would be awesome and the sub forum is great.

Thank God for this forum!!
Welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry that your girl had a seizure. That settles it: I'm going to start the "Seizures 101" thread and put in it some basics that will help people have a starting place in fighting the monster. I'll try to get that together in the next hour or so and then we can all add to it.

But first, I encourage you to start a new thread of your own where you can share what is happening with your girl. Lots of members don't revisit older threads but they will share their knowledge with another new member. Sadly, the GRF seizure community is pretty large, so that gives us a lot of knowledge to draw on.

Hugs and prayers for you and your girl.
Lucy

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Caseypooh

Caseypooh

So sorry your girl is going through this.

Reactions: Doug

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
It seems like more and more of our Goldens are coming down with seizures. Do we have a seizure sticky? I know I found this forum trying to get any information I could find on seizures. It seems sadly that more and more are coming for the same reason.

Just an idea,
Cindy
Thanks for the suggestion! This morning, with help from Oakley's Dad, I created the sticky thread: http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com...es/108429-seizures-101-basic-information.html I hope you and many others will add to it!

Happy New Year!
Lucy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts