Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

861 - 868 of 868 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #862
Yesterday Joker had an episode of what I can only describe as violent shivering. He was alert and focused on me, but not able to control his shaking body. It only lasted a minute...maybe less...but it seemed like an eternity.

With a bit of research behind me, I am fairly sure that this was a type of focal seizure. I will follow up with our vet on Monday and probably make an appointment with our veterinary neurologist. With luck, we can get this under control before it develops into grand mal seizures.

Seizures. The roller coaster ride begins again. Again. I thought this thread had served its purpose, but evidently we still have more to learn.

Prayers for Joker...

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #865
I'm so sorry to hear this. What did the vet say? I hope he won't have anymore of these episodes. Positive thoughts headed your way.
The news from the neurologist was the best possible: he sees no evidence of a brain disorder in Joker. None! :appl::appl::appl:

His recommendation was continued TLC and normal life. If Joker has another episode of violent shivering, we are to capture it on video and email it to him for consideration. His main comment was that Joker is doing exceptionally well for his years. :)

Looking back to last weekend, it is clear to me that the year of fighting Charlie's seizures left me highly sensitized to such conditions. Knowing what the neurologist said, I feel a little silly. But I am also deeply relieved to know that we are not on this painful path again.

Thanks for being with us. :wavey:

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #866
This date 5 years ago was the last time I held my beloved King of Cuddles. There is never a day that I don't think of him... of Joker, Sabrina, and the fur kids that came before them. But today now has a happy memory as the approval process to adopt a rescued Golden girl just began. I hope that young Miss Mel will join us soon.

Charlie, I feel you thumping your lovely tail in my heart. Don't be jealous. There are still plenty of cookies and tennis balls to go around. Always.

·
Karen
986 Posts
This date 5 years ago was the last time I held my beloved King of Cuddles. There is never a day that I don't think of him... of Joker, Sabrina, and the fur kids that came before them. But today now has a happy memory as the approval process to adopt a rescued Golden girl just began. I hope that young Miss Mel will join us soon.

Charlie, I feel you thumping your lovely tail in my heart. Don't be jealous. There are still plenty of cookies and tennis balls to go around. Always.
Oh how wonderful!! I am so excited for you and for Miss Mel. I am certain your Rainbow Goldens will be putting their paws in.. Sunny will be dancing about... looking forward to pictures. Hugs.

861 - 868 of 868 Posts