Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.I'm sorry for re-posting. I'm just not sure of the forum rules yet, or where my message should be posted . I''ll catch on eventually- sorry!!
:wave:We have never been fortunate enough to have a golden that lived this long, but our dog is now 12- still happy and healthy, but now having difficulty jumping on our bed- which is a pure delight for us and for her.
Has anyone had experience with buying a dog ramp or doggie steps to help a 65 lb dog safely get up on the bed? There are so many, many models out there, made from all kinds of materials. We just don't know what is the safest for our beloved aging princess.
Any ideas would be most greatly appreciated

·
Kate
22,281 Posts
I use a suitcase for my Jacks.... (I didn't want him jumping up and off when he was a puppy and he never stopped using it).

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
You can buy steps. We have some.

Sent from my iPod touch using PG Free

Reactions: molster

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Megora, thanks so much for your helpful reply. The idea of using suitcases makes a lot of sense.
i ADORE your photos and your video- gorgeous babies. I will look at your video quite often. It so reminds me of our Maggie
Tayla's mom, thank you for validating that steps can be bought and are useful. I appreciate your reaching out. Cute profile picture.
Our former goldens were named Molly and Maggie, and our newer goldens were also called Molly and Maggie, (my husband thinks they are reincarnations ;)). Maggie the second died suddenly last year, but Molly is going strong. She is the light of our lives, our dear delight, and we are going to do everything to keep her healthy and happy.
Jack and Tayla are a fabulous names.
Best wishes to you both!

·
Supreme Member
4,621 Posts
Hello.I'm sorry for re-posting. I'm just not sure of the forum rules yet, or where my message should be posted . I''ll catch on eventually- sorry!!
:wave:We have never been fortunate enough to have a golden that lived this long, but our dog is now 12- still happy and healthy, but now having difficulty jumping on our bed- which is a pure delight for us and for her.
Has anyone had experience with buying a dog ramp or doggie steps to help a 65 lb dog safely get up on the bed? There are so many, many models out there, made from all kinds of materials. We just don't know what is the safest for our beloved aging princess.
Any ideas would be most greatly appreciated
You might spend a lot of money and your dog won't use the ramp and/or steps. Why not buy a "Pet O Bed" which is good for an older dog?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts