I have been involved with Animal Assisted Therapy for 30 years
Have had 12 therapy dogs
Trained them all
I’m now an old lady and really do not want to train a puppy
My present golden therapy dog is 11 1/2
Got her when she was 6
She is a retired show dog and already obedience trained
She is absolutely wonderful but needs to retire
I have been trying to find a retired show dog about 5 years or younger that would like to continue a new career as a therapy dog
I will of course work with the new one to be sure it will continue to maintain its obedience
Just do not want to house train a new puppy or start a dog on obedience from the beginning
Thanks for help in my quest

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Where are you located? Older dogs are usually more expensive than puppies unless you just happen onto one - especially a well-trained dog. But there are people who generally know of availability in their areas, I know the SE and Sue Mcgavrick knows the KY-north ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where are you located? Older dogs are usually more expensive than puppies unless you just happen onto one - especially a well-trained dog. But there are people who generally know of availability in their areas, I know the SE and Sue Mcgavrick knows the KY-north ones.
Located in Kaufman Texas
It’s near Dallas
Will be willing to drive to get the golden

·
Puddles
3,323 Posts
Billie Cannon in the Tyler / Mineola area and is a very respected breeder that is extremely active in animal assisted therapy. I don't have her contact info but you can google Cannon Farms... she does horses as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts