Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone commented to me in my dogs' webcam stream chat that they see so many pictures of my dogs sleeping... they really aren't as lazy as they appear in pictures (though they do sleep A LOT!).. we have a very large backyard that they absolutely love to run around in and since today is the beginning of my weekend we decided to enjoy the nice weather and play outside a bit. Here are some (ok probably a lot) of the pics I took today of them.. hope you enjoy! :)

oh and yes, I realize I have an Amazon grass forest goin on!! LOL It was just mowed about 2 weeks ago.. then we had rain, and it shot up like crazy!!

golden butts!

the usual chase and wrestle routine

dillon looking pretty

sam looking goofy as usual

just hanging out in the shade

what kind of boy would he be if he played without getting grass stains!?

·
Simon & Shadow's Mom
860 Posts
OOOH! Big mean scary bitey-face!

Mine do this too-- they look so vicious!

So strange to see green grass!
(I'm jealous!)

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found another funny one from today... 8 feet, none of them touching the ground!! LOL

·
Registered
156 Posts
I love the grass stain picture! That's just like our dog...when there is green grass! It's a good thing there isn't such a thing as 'snow stain', or we would have a lot of that going on!

·
I've seen all good people
5,002 Posts
What I want to know is how you can have two dogs that wrestle/play AND have grass!!!??? Nice grass too! LOL!!

Great pics Marlene!!! Your boys look fab!

·
Registered
20 Posts
What kind of camera do you have? It takes great pictures-especially to get those action shots :)

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Great shots of your two handsome guys outside and kicking it up a bit. The sunshine really makes their coats shine. Love the action shots.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Beautiful! My horses want your grass and I want your dogs:).
I love the picture with all eight feet in the air. Great shot! and so expressive.
Hope you guys continue to enjoy your weekend.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
I am totally impress with You Grass.I never,ever get anything like that.Mine looks very depressed.Pictures are great.Love the flying monster.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I love the bitey face playing. Your boys are handsome.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What I want to know is how you can have two dogs that wrestle/play AND have grass!!!??? Nice grass too! LOL!!
We picked the most hearty grass seed available at Home Depot... it was the most expensive (planting the yard cost us about $500 all said and done, and we did it ourselves!! :doh: ) but so worth it because it definitely takes some abuse!!

What kind of camera do you have? It takes great pictures-especially to get those action shots :)
I have a Nikon D40.. I love it.. all these shots were taken with my new 18-200mm lens, which is such a great lens for taking action shots of dogs. I can sit across the yard out of their way, and snap great zoomed in pictures.

·
Registered
913 Posts
The drought is bad enough at my place, I could let the grass grow all summer and it wouldn't be as tall as what you got. Not going to waste well water on growing a yard.

Great pics, love the one with all 4 paws in the air.

·
Boomer and Maggie's Mom
453 Posts
Great Pictures. The boys look like they had a great time.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have a Nikon D40.. I love it.. all these shots were taken with my new 18-200mm lens, which is such a great lens for taking action shots of dogs. I can sit across the yard out of their way, and snap great zoomed in pictures.

LOVE these shots... I'm gonna put that lens on my Christmas wish list this year. Stunning quality :)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
You captured some great shots. I used to have another eskie that would be green from his tummy down to his toes in the summer after the grass was cut. Love the four feet in the air picture.

·
Mom to Cannon
659 Posts
Great pictures! I love the that you posted after with the 8 feet off the ground :) Looks like they were having a great time!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts