Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After much searching and lots of help from this forum I found an upcoming litter from a breeder that seems to be very responsible. With my little experience reviewing pedigrees and health clearances I deemed these parents to be pretty good and healthy relative to others. Not the best I've seen but still very good. Figured I'd see if y'all agree.

Any red flags that maybe I didn't see?

Dam (OFA Dam)
x
Sire (OFA Sire)

*Edit: added OFA links

·
Registered
9,155 Posts
will do- none of the OFA links are working so first have to fix the k9data page.

·
Registered
9,155 Posts
Well, I WILL say Jessica does not know how to capitalize anything, doesn't check her work, and doesn't know how to spell her dog's name! K9data links to OFA are working now, I couldn't even get AKC to verify since she'd misspelled the name and didn't have the AKC # in the database.
Both sire and dam's eyes are just out of date but all else is in place.

·
Registered
9,155 Posts
Fixed that too- my goodness, that is quite a list of things incorrect by owner!And the offspring is not registered by that name or the AKC # on OFA on AKC
database FWIW.

·
Registered
9,155 Posts
I do it all the time. I hate misinformation and spend many hours a week inputting pedigrees, verifying data that's there already with the AKC database and (not for DOB or reg# since they do not check but clearances) OFA.
The admins for k9data do check people's work though so if someone unknown to them for thorough work starts adding things, that someone will get a note asking for the someone's source info.

·
Puddles
4,020 Posts
Can you just fix stuff on K9data.com on other people's behalf?
Fixing information on dogs that belong to someone else is not suggested, let the experts handle this. But because it is user input it's always good to validate clearances on OFA vs k9data. As you can see, even the owner of the dog can make a mess of things :) Only OFA enters information by verifying test results so that info can only be altered by them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts