Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from our second agility class. The dogs are tired and I have a sore head (explain further down!) but we had a great time!!

Both dogs have an hour class, Willow's was 5-6pm, Diesel 6-7pm.

Willow was in a puppy class with 4 other young dogs. We started on sit-stays and then going over flat poles to get them used to the wings on the jumps and to get us used to the commands and learning left from right! :doh: Not easy for me!
Willow was a star of course and was happy to follow a treat anywhere.

Next was the tunnel which she loved!! She ran through happily until she realised that she could turn around near the end, go back to the beginning and go again! She wanted the tunnel all to herself and sulked when the other dogs had a go.

Lastly we did contacts on a flat A-Frame. All good, she had a blast but was pretty tired at the end so she spent Diesel's class on my mum's lap on on the lap of a man next to her!! She doesn't care who cuddles her.

Next was Diesel's turn. We did a warm up of heel work, down and sit-stays and some jogging around the field. The onto jumps. We started on one and ended up doing 5 in a row including turning around and going back on the other side. We missed one and knocked down another but he enjoyed it.

Then the dreaded tunnel. DUN DUN DUN!!! (dramatic music)

HE DID IT!! He was terrified of it last week so this week I got inside it and backed out as I called him foward. Great idea and it was working well until he charged foward and headbutted me!!! We both ended up in a heap outside the tunnel. But he did it!

I love agility!!

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Congrats !!!! Now you need to find an ice bag and some Advil for your head.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
What fun!! Sounds like a great time!!
Your doggies are so lucky to have you as a playmate!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Congrats on the great class and I hope your head feels better! I guess now you know not to crawl into the tunnel anymore :)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Way to go Willow and Diesel!!!! Sorry your head hurts but it was probably worth it seeing him come charging thru. I can just see little Willow going back and forth and not wanting to give up the tunnel to the other pups. High Five Paws from the boys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts