Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
twillobee
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rotten kid, we just noticed the boy started chewing up are baseboard trim. He already chewed the carpet in our spare bedroom. He's now 22 weeks and he has lots of chew toys. Bad thing is our house is listed for sale and I keep having to fix this stuff

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Bitter apple spray saved our house when Sammy was a puppy! They don't sell it over here in the UK, so I ordered several bottles offline.

·
Registered
13,408 Posts
The best solution is to just not give him the opportunity. Crate him when you can't be watching him. Keep him with you when you are home. Watch watch watch, and redirect to toys when you catch him. Spray the woodwork or carpet with Bitter Apple or Bitter Yuck (Shala didn't blink at Bitter Apple, but Bitter Yuck definitely made her think twice.

Reactions: nolefan

·
Kristy
10,200 Posts
Do not turn your back on him for a second. If you have to get the mail or fold laundry etc either take him with you or crate him. Have him drag a leash and it will be easy.

It also may be a good time to reassess the daily exercise routine. As they grow their needs increase. I'm sure you're very busy with everything it takes to sell and move. Is your puppy still receiving daily training sessions and daily aerobic exercise? A leash walk around the block will not meet his needs to burn off excess energy. Crate him with appropriate chew bones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts