Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiancé and I have just started the process of looking to get a Golden for next year. We live in the Boston area and quite frankly have been a bit overwhelmed by the number of breeders in the New England area. We’ve seen/heard some good things about Goldenbear Kennels, Yukon Goldens, and Sapphire Goldens but are curious if anyone has any recommendations for other breeders in the NE area? Or any first hand experience with either of those three breeders? We’re hoping to narrow down our search and pick a breeder within the next couple weeks so any info would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
I've bought frozen semen from Yukon Turn the Page (Seger)- don't know the other two.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your search. If you have not already done so, the GRCA is a good resource:

The Forum search engine will also provide information from other user threads.

You might also consider an adoption although the waiting list is long. But the only way to get into the queue is to file an application. Yankee Golden Retreiver Rescue is located in Hudson, MA which is not too far from you. Their website will provide all of the information you need to begin the adoption process. They are one of the best shelters in the country.

·
Registered
60 Posts
A friend has had three Golden-B-Bear dogs, and they are lovely animals. Be sure you read her requirements re: fencing, vaccinations, and diet.

Another breeder to consider: Beau Geste in Acton.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
New England and surrounding areas:

Beau Geste
Nautilus
Poeticgold
Eastshore
Stoneledge
Chestnut
My Way
Crangold
Goldensand
Butternut Hill
Kernow

*waitlists may be full at this time, but it never hurts to fill out a questionnaire or give breeders a call for litters a year out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts