Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Seabiscuit got home!!!

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  d4nz0 
#1 ·
Today is Cpt Seabiscuits first day home.

How did everyone else find their puppies first day? Its only half way through her first day home, she has obviously been prety nervous and shaky to begin with, but sleeping easily, thats all she's done! lol Showed her her bed and she slept in it right away, then took her out for a pee when she woke up, then she came back in and I had her on my lap on the couch, she feel asleep....so I decided to put her on the floor once she woke up to she what she would decide to do.......sniffed a few things then now she's sleeping again on the rug :p

Is this a normal first day home for a puppy?

Here are a couple of pics I snapped....she's so cute.

And the cutect hiccups when she was sleeping on my lap....

See less See more
#3 ·
I think that often leaving the litter is intense for puppies and they end up being exhausted their first day home. Maya slept a lot her first day home. Young puppies just generally sleep a lot too, just like babies. Don't worry, it's normal. Mine is 9 months old now and it seems like she has had more energy every month since we brought her home!

#5 ·
What a cutie!!! Little puppies need lots of sleep (much like human babies) and the first few days at home are incredibly stressful. She'll adjust quickly and you'll see intense periods of play followed by a sacked out little fluff ball. What fun times for you!!!

#6 ·
I had to chuckle at this because you sound JUST LIKE I DID. We brought Tucker home and he slept so much I was worried. My husband thought I was crazy. Tucker is now 12 weeks old and still sleeps but not like he did at 8 weeks old. By the way...Seabiscuit is a cutie!! Have fun!!

#7 ·
thanks for the replies guys....put my mind at ease.

She is amazing, hasnt been interested in anything at all today apart from sleeping and doing the toilet lol. Love her to bits already.....can you hear her little hiccups n the video? Need to turn it right up to hear them!

Thanks again people

Danny and Isla

#11 ·
not a single peep from her all night, came through this morning to find her wakening up and ready to go outside.........phew!

Cant say the same for me tho...wakening up at every little creak I heard wondering what she was up to....turns out none of the noises were her, was the floorboards because the heating had came on lol

#14 ·
What a doll. Best of luck to you. Yes, I could hear the hiccups in the video...that was too cute. Sam had hiccups once, and it was a riot!

I used to feel that way about the crate when we first got Coby. But, it truly is the best for them. Coby hated his crate, but over time he grew to tolerate it. Sam, on the other hand, this his crate is great.

#15 ·
Seabiscuit isnt liking her crate too much at all, she will go in, after ALOT of tempting with toys and so on... definitely not gonna lift her and shut door behind her, too cruel, want her to want to.

She sleeps on the rug and at the foot of the sofa most of the time, or squeezes her nose behind the curtain.

I got a video of us playing in the garden today, will post up at somepoint, she's cute :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.