Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
How heavily is it scratched? If its a relatively light scratch you might try some leather lube or some type of high quality leather oil. Scarlett for a brute on most things hasnt messed up the leather sofa and club chairs. Now our lil feline friends theyre a different story. :)

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Mine sleep on the leather couch all the time and have never scratched it. We used to worry about a toenail catching and scratching the couch, but not anymore. I would consult a professional about the scratches.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks love the leather lube idea. I love leather because it does not hold hair and it is very easy to clean. My couches in the TV room are disposable. But I want to keep my cousches int the living room looking nice. My new kitten jumped up on them and put a few scatches in it. I now have soft claws on her and we are doing fine with any new scartches, now I would like to clean them up.

Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Our leather gets laid on alot, very few scratches but they do rub on the sides and get them dirty.
I did have some leather protector and cleaner. I'm sure you can get it at any furniture store.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I'm a big guy. 6'4", 350 lbs. I wear out a couch far quicker than my Goldens ever could :)

I do keep a comforter on it. That way I can just toss it in the washer once a week and cleanup is done!

In other words, they are free to use the couch :)

-Larry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts