Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my 2 year old Golden scrapped his nose up pretty bad last week trying to get out of his crate because another dog was present (we've never experienced this before). When the scabs fell off parts of his nose are pink not black. It's been a week. I'm wondering how long it takes for a nose to heal and if there's anything I can do to speed up the process. Normally we'd just wait and see. However, he won a Subaru photo contest and has a photo shoot in 8 days for their website. He doesn't look like himself with the splotchy nose, anything we can do to get him back to normal in the next week? He feels fine and doesn't seem at all bothered by it.

·
Super Moderator Leader
51,196 Posts
I had to board my two Goldens for the first time ever when my son graduated from College.

My Roxy scrapped her nose up on the Kennel trying to get out. It took her nose several weeks before it got back to normal.

I would suggest checking with your Vet to see if they have any suggestions that might speed up the process of his nose healing since you have an upcoming photo shoot. Congratulations-that's awesome. I'm a big fan of Subaru's commercials with the dogs.....

I wonder if it would be possible for the photographer to touch up his photos?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Buckskin tangled with a cactus and we had to wait out the healing process too. I used the "red eye" fix on the part of the photo with his nose and it looked just fine!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts