Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think we have one of Scout’s sisters! Lily was born 6/4/20 to the RockyxTeaser litter of 17! She has been a pure joy (and is our 3rd golden as well), super smart, loving, a great little sister to our 5 year old lab and wonderful with our children (ages 7, 11 and 13). Joanne has been wonderful and we had a great experience with 24k Goldens!
60D2E9E6-7777-4A4D-B5F6-C999A07A9D04.jpeg

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think we have one of Scout’s sisters! Lily was born 6/4/20 to the RockyxTeaser litter of 17! She has been a pure joy (and is our 3rd golden as well), super smart, loving, a great little sister to our 5 year old lab and wonderful with our children (ages 7, 11 and 13). Joanne has been wonderful and we had a great experience with 24k Goldens! View attachment 878495
Awww she’s precious. I’m picking my pup up from Joanne in 2 weeks. She told me it’s a Rebel x Teaser puppy. I was a bit concerned / confused about timelines since Teaser just gave birth in June? Or did she give birth in April? If April, the timeline would make more sense hah!

side note unrelated question for everyone - did you all opt in for pet insurance by chance? And if so, recos?

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Awww she’s precious. I’m picking my pup up from Joanne in 2 weeks. She told me it’s a Rebel x Teaser puppy. I was a bit concerned / confused about timelines since Teaser just gave birth in June? Or did she give birth in April? If April, the timeline would make more sense hah!

side note unrelated question for everyone - did you all opt in for pet insurance by chance? And if so, recos?
It's not biologically possible for Teaser to have had puppies in June and again in September. It's also extremely unlikely that she could have had puppies in April and again in September as girls cycle typically about every 6 months and gestation is 61-63 days. I would be asking more questions on this ........

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's not biologically possible for Teaser to have had puppies in June and again in September. It's also extremely unlikely that she could have had puppies in April and again in September as girls cycle typically about every 6 months and gestation is 61-63 days. I would be asking more questions on this ........
Thanks. I asked her about this, to which she said something about a Split heat. Is there any way to confirm via papers who the true mom and dad are? I feel like info like that would be pretty easy to (not hide), but mix up, perhaps? When I go pick my puppy up, she will provide the papers is what she said, so I want to know that the health clearances are for the real mom. dad of the puppies.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Thanks. I asked her about this, to which she said something about a Split heat. Is there any way to confirm via papers who the true mom and dad are? I feel like info like that would be pretty easy to (not hide), but mix up, perhaps? When I go pick my puppy up, she will provide the papers is what she said, so I want to know that the health clearances are for the real mom. dad of the puppies.

Thanks
If it's a split heat only one instance of the "split" is fertile. AKC will not even register puppies in that short of a time frame out of one dam because it's not biologically possible. Ultimately a DNA test would be the way to confirm but typically the AKC registration is the way you tell who the parents are. I would just ask to see the health clearances and registration papers for your puppy and then you will see who the parents are.

·
Registered
93 Posts
We got our Lucy from Joanne back in fall of 2015. She's a happy, healthy, loyal, sweet as can be golden. Her and my 9 year old son have quite the connection. We adore Lucy. She is a teaser/rocky pup. Joanne isn't the best communicator and a bit scattered, but she is very experienced. We would get another 24K pup in a heartbeat.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts