·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My (recovering-)scaredy dog was terrified of:

1) strangers, especially men
2) the sound of a nail clipper - when I clip MY nails, she runs
3) me leaving her alone in public, with anyone else holding her leash

It has taken months of work as chronicled in my other long long posts.. Our favourite local groomer has free-nail-cut-day every first monday of the month, we headed out there.. He convinced me that she was fine and I should try leaving.. When I peeped in through the window, this is what I saw... She got her nails done, trimmed her paws, ears and shaved around her bum hole, standing there all happy and relaxed..

HURRAY!!! Who woulda thought a simple trip to the groomers could mean so much..

To make things better, when we met the groomer in the parking lot downstairs later, she ran up to him and did a happy moron dance instead of her previous cowering away :)

For anyone with a scaredy-dog, you can do it!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
She looks like the queen of the castle standing up there on her table! I think it might be time for the happy dance to celebrate the victory!

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Yeah for Summer!! I can certainly appreciate the level of your excitement!! Always take time to celebrate the 'little successes' (which are HUGE when you are struggling)!

·
Ripley & Levi's too!!
720 Posts
My Levi is the same way. I want to take him to a groomer so bad but I am scared he will hurt himself cause he likes to flee when he's scared.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
That is just wonderful and she is a beautiful dog!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Congratulations! My dogs have their own groomer who we had to follow to a new location. She worked miracles with the basset who cried about getting her nails done. Sully, female Golden, thinks it the best day ever to visit her friend Kelly. Scotty, male Golden, thinks it's okay, but still acts like a big baby at 85 lbs. Again, congratulations on finding a groomer that makes Summer happy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts