Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Peace...
924 Posts
This is a GReat book. Susannah has a way of capturing moments in such literary style. Puzzle is quite the pup... Susannah is quite the handler!

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
You certainly have to admire people who do that kind of work...if I were buried in rubble I can't imagine a better way to be found than by the greeting of a wet nosed golden retriever.

Sammie's, my first golden, father was a search and rescue dog and she had a nose that was unbelievable.

Thanks for the recommendation Phillyfisher, I'll have to look into it.

Pete

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I went looking for that today at the Barnes and Noble store at Union Station!!! They didn't have it....I'm ordering it.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just finished it. What a great book. Really gave me a new found appreciation for first responders. I saw a husband and wife get into their car and leave with their GSD as we pulled into an ice cream stand on vacation last week, the bumper sticker on the back of their car said "My search and rescue dog is smarter than your honor student". I have no doubt now!

·
Griff's a Muffin Thief!
3,165 Posts
Oh yes! Got it, read it, loved it! I consider Susannah an online friend and we've followed Puzzle's progress through the years.

Search and Rescue Dogs and their handlers are special people indeed. They work hard and are volunteers, all of them!

JoEllen, the book is only about 300 pages - go for it! You won't be disappointed.

BTW - check out #21 http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/16/books/bestseller/besthardnonfiction.html

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Like Griffyn'sMom, I've known Susannah (online) for several years now and also had the pleasure of meeting her and Puzzle at her book siging in Seattle.

If you get a chance to go to a book siging, a must! Her voice has a fluidity that carries through her book!

Here is Ellen, another S&R volunteer, myself, Susannah and Ellen (Seinna's Mom) along with Jules, he was looking for The Fonz who was also making an appearance, Jazz, who was quite smitten with Susannah and Puzzle, keeping Jazz in check!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Like Griffyn'sMom, I've known Susannah (online) for several years now and also had the pleasure of meeting her and Puzzle at her book siging in Seattle.

If you get a chance to go to a book siging, a must! Her voice has a fluidity that carries through her book!

Here is Ellen, another S&R volunteer, myself, Susannah and Ellen (Seinna's Mom) along with Jules, he was looking for The Fonz who was also making an appearance, Jazz, who was quite smitten with Susannah and Puzzle, keeping Jazz in check!
LOL, MJ I knew you'd be posting on this one! Susannah has a wonderful way about her and a great sense of mischief ;-) I was glad to meet her and it was fun to drive up to Seattle for it with MJ :p:

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I emailed Susannah about it and here is her reply :)

Thank you for sending this, Ellen! I wasn't sure I'd be able to see it, but I could -- which is very cool. Some familiar "faces" on there and some new to me, as well. Please extend my thanks to those reading the book, with best wishes for a lovely summer and a scritch to their goldens from me! (And Puz sends a wroo-woo-woo.)

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Very cool that some of you guys have met her. For all those you who have read the book, could you see some of your golden in Puzzle? I just had to laugh when she did some of the things Tucker does, like giving us a "hmpff" when he is annoyed at something we make him do.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Very cool that some of you guys have met her. For all those you who have read the book, could you see some of your golden in Puzzle? I just had to laugh when she did some of the things Tucker does, like giving us a "hmpff" when he is annoyed at something we make him do.
Or the upside down 'smile' on the plane! LOL!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts