Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have been dealing with the 'bacterial infection' skin irritation thing with my Golden for awhile, he got his first one when he was 9 months old I believe and they have come back about 4-5 times since (hes 2 yrs and some months) If I don't catch it it spreads really badly, the worst one being this Spring all over his tail. They are bumps that eventually scab up, and I'm assuming they irritate him and he causes them to get worse and spread faster with itching and biting.
I'd really like to solve this problem for good instead of continuing to put him on antibiotics, cutting the hair away and spraying them with a medicated spray every time.

Any ideas as to what could be the culprit of this? Allergy? Bite? Bacteria of some kind? I know mold is very high right now and has been high for awhile...

Are there any preventative measures I can take to curb this or stop it altogether? I heard switching to vegan food can prevent hotspots. Has anyone had any luck with a food switch?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Sounds like staph to me. It is known for being recurrent. We handled Cody's by bathing with micro-tek shampoo every few days while he had the infection and weekly otherwise. It works wonders, serious wonders. Do a search here and you'll bundles of threads with me singing its' praises. lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts