Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My golden is having some kidney issues and we don't know why yet. I am terrified that he is in the early stages of kidney failure. He is not even 5!!! We have more tests today along with an ultrasound. I am actually hoping they find something...just so we know why this is happening. His symptoms point anywhere from kidney failure to a TBD to Cushings...

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Will do. Good luck!!

·
where the tails wag
13,384 Posts
Prayers coming your way from CT .. good luck!!

My Casey sometimes has kidney tests come back not so good and has for a few years. His last tests came out just fine but he has had a few TBDs and we keep a close watch on the values .. hopefully your golden will also just be showing intermittent weirdness and it will clear up

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this, prayers and healthy vibes coming your way.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Thinking positive thoughts for you. Goldens are prone to nephritis caused by Lyme disease, so make sure they check for that.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Thinking of you and hoping things come out the way you want them.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Sending prayers for a diagnosis and quick, complete cure.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Good thoughts and prayers coming your way. Please let us know when you hear something.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
sending good thoughts and prayers your way.
Not to try to second guess your vets, but also be sure they test for leptospirosis. Often the early signs are kidney related.
Does he take glucosamine/chondrotin? In some dogs (including my Toby) that can change the results of the kidney tests.
Keep us updated please!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wishing the best of luck for your dog, I'll pray that your vet could find what's wrong with your dog, so he could get the treatment he needed and recover as soon as possible!
Please keep us updated

·
Registered
274 Posts
I hope everything turns ok for you and your golden!

·
Didge's Mommy!
1,144 Posts
Sending our prayers and healing thoughts out to you!!!!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
We will say a prayer for good news from the vet. (((HUGS)))

1 - 20 of 32 Posts