Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
& Sawyer's & Quinn's too!
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was making cheesecake cups for my birthday treat for school tomorrow.... My "kids" enjoyed licking the beaters! Quinn and Sawyer - the boys are doing well! They are the BEST of friends and couldn't be better suited for each other!

Mmmm - Thanks, Mom!

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Oh how cute is that!!?? Thanks for sharing, your boys are adorable.

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
That's just too cute!!! Thanks for the smile! :)

Pete

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
You are such a good mom!! I always love seeing pictures of your boys. It amazes me how much they look alike and no relation. So great they are so happy together!!! They both obviously love getting spoiled too!!:D

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Nothing better than licking the beaters! LOL Cute pic!

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,624 Posts
That is one adorable picture of your boys....thanks for sharing. Put a big smile on my face this morning!

·
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know I have been awful about getting pictures of the boys posted - The school year is so hectic for me!! Really, I couldn't imagine a better brother for Sawyer. They are crazy, silly boys that LOVE to play together. When one wants or needs to go outside, he will wait on the other side of the sliding glass door for the other to join him. The snow is making them maniacs - so much running, wrestling, and playing!

Quinn turned 1 on Tuesday, and the boys got celebratory bones. I think they liked the cheesecake beaters better! These boys definitely have a sweet tooth!! Spoiled rotten, they are!!!!

Quinn is not nearly the "angel" that Sawyer and Sophie seemed to know how to be (dare I say he isn't a Doolin??).... We believe that he has some definite separation anxiety going on and can't be left alone without going into the kennel. He pulled down our 11 foot Christmas tree and created a MESS. They didn't like being left with the dog sitter, apparently. We will be boarding them from now on. Not fun to come home to that. Sawyer will be getting neutered in the next couple of months (he'll be 2 in May), and Quinn will likely be going at the same time. Seems to make sense that both recover at the same time. It would be nice for them to be able to go to doggy daycare from time to time.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,548 Posts
Awwwwwwww, you're such a great momma.

Fabulous picutres, your boys are so beautiful, they could pass for twins. They're really enjoying licking the beaters. I let my Remy and Roxy lick the beaters when I'm making mashed potatoes, we refer to them as Tatersicles in my household.

·
Didge's Mommy!
1,144 Posts
Just adorable Steph!!! I am so happy that they have become best "buds"...

·
Registered
645 Posts
Great picture, they look sooo happy together, totally inseparable.

Just out of curiosity Steph, I know you've said about getting Sawyer neutered but is Quinn Intact? If he is, how have found 2 intact males get along together?

·
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sawyer and Quinn are both still intact. We have never had a moment of problem between the two of them. Sawyer was about a year and a half when Quinn came to our house (Quinn was 7 months old). There never seemed to be any "power struggle" between the two of them. They are just sweet, silly, loving boys. I don't know if it was because they were both pretty young when we brought them together; if it's because they both have sweet temperaments, or what, but it has worked seamlessly.

We have pretty much decided that they will both be neutered in the next couple of months. Ideally, we had wanted to wait a little longer to do Quinn, but for many reasons, we have decided it would work best to do them both soon. He'll be at least 14 months old, so we are satisfied with that age. Sawyer will be nearly 2, which was beyond what our "goal" was for him.

Reactions: Wimbles
1 - 18 of 18 Posts