Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sawyer, our 9 month old pup, has a lump about an inch long on his belly. It is firm and flesh colored. Any ideas on what this could be?? We're worried. I am going to give our vet a call tomorrow. He's had no injuries to this area so we are at a loss as to what it could be. Any thoughts would be so appreciated. Thank you

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Can you move the lump around a bit or is it firm and seems attached? Lymphoma's (sp?) can happen, most are just fatty nodes, not cancerous and if they start growing can be removed. Sometimes fatty nodes can appear if he got a sticker or something under the skin and it forms a nodule.

So far, this is the limit of my knowledge. Many here will have more information than I. Upon examination, I am sure your Vet will have a better idea.

It would help a lot if you can take a picture of the growth/nodule and post it. This will give the ones here much more information and describe for them the length and width the best you can.

Reactions: mkkuch

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Yes, it is firm and you cannot move it around. I tried to take a picture of it the best I could. Thank you again

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
That looks a lot like the sebaceous cysts that my fur-kids have had. There are certainly many things it could be that are not terrible, so try not to be frantic about it. Your vet will probably have to aspirate or biopsy it to know for sure what it is.

·
Super Moderator
4,307 Posts
That looks like a sebaceous cyst to me too. Asia has one of thiose on her back that she got quite young. They are harmless and Asia's never got any bigger. Now that she is older she is getting fatty lipomas but they are softer and not attached so you can move them around. Best to take him in o the vet to be sure. I know the worry feeling you have well and I always get all lumps and bumps checked out when I find them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone. I really appreciate your help. I will make an appt tomorrow with our vet tomorrow. Just a bit worried about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts