Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been posting over on the Member Intro board, but felt it was time to move it over hear. Took my kids to see "our" litter of puppies today. They were born Wednesday, 11/11/09. 6 girls, 2 boys. What fun it was. My kids are a little afraid of dogs, since they cannot remember when we had them. Not at all afraid of the puupies, of course, but also really not afraid of the mama either. She was so calm and sweet.

Attachments

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
How fun! Great that your kids got to see the baby puppies and get to see them grow. I'm sure you will be pacing the floors until you bring your bundle of joy home.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
How fun! I've never gotten to see any of my dogs until the day I brought them home (well, with Flip it was two days before I brought him home since I spent three days up in CT picking him out).

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
I go up to my breeder every week...it's amazing how fast they grow every time! Yesterday they were 4 weeks old and running around like crazy...If you can you should go as often as you can with your kids, they won't believe what's happening!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That is such a sweet picture. I bet by the time the puppy is ready to come home, they will be just bouncing with joy. You might consider reading a couple of books about puppies and kids. I suggest it because sometimes puppies and kids can have some problems playing together and bonding. They are so little and will change so much in the upcoming weeks. I couldnt believe how much when I saw Bama at 4 weeks and then at 8 weeks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, this is totally different than our greyhounds. We got them after they had raced at 3 and 2.5 years. Of course there were no puppy pictures.:no: That always made me a little sad. I wondered how cute they were.

We are planning on going up every Sunday, at least....:) They are only 30 minutes away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts