Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Kristie - GQ's Mom...
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Awww, poor Roger. You've got some making up to do now :p:

Dogs play rough, especially puppies. I bet he's fine, just overdid it or did it the wrong way.

I know - I feel kinda silly now....... I'll be making my therapy appt tomorrow , along with the vet........

;)

·
Kristie - GQ's Mom...
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Satchel is OK - the vet wouldnt even take x-rays, thinks he just bruised his paw or pulled a muscle of some sorts.....his limp is atleast 50% better today as well!!

WOO HOO -

·
Premium Member
16,405 Posts
Is Satchel back to perfect?

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Satchel

So glad to hear Satchel is doing well and it wasn't serious.

My Smooch, who is 11 years old, tore her ACL in her right hind leg a month or more ago and we had to have TPLO surgery for her where they put a metal plate in her knee. She had surgery March 18 and was using her right hind leg a day or two after surgery.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I have missed this thread all together: Now wondering how Satchel is?
My boys both have done things like that scaring me to death! and they've always healed fine. : )

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Hey Kristie, I hope Satchel checks out okay and back to his normal self in a few days. I understand your panic, though - having lost GQ. Hell, I find myself everyday petting Connor and feeling for bumps, lumps, sores, whatever. I know, crazy.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Hope Satchel (cute name) is ok. I know Darby started limping at about 9 months. I thought he pulled a muscle and it never got completely better. Ended up taking him to a vet ortho md. he had pano in both front legs. Thank god it's self correcting and he out grew it. Although the worse part was the enforced "bed rest" for 4 weeks. That works so well with a rambuctious young golden puppy.

·
Kristie - GQ's Mom...
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
YES, Satchel's leg is ok -

Although he just had an operation to get his jewels taken out - they would not drop so he has a pretty big stapled incision in his tummy - they found them up by his kidneys - but all went well - ofcourse, once again Im a mess - but it had to be done

They also, while he was under, took his hip x-rays for displaysia and he is PERFECT - they said any limps now is just growing pains.....but so far he seems ok - have to keep him a little drugged up because him and Floyd are pyschotic...and they go crazy playing so I can't have him ripping out his staples - its actually kinda cute, he is super loving when he is stoned......

thanks guys

xoxoxo

Kristie

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Did you check the nails? About a month ago my Raider came in from playing hard, was lame on his right front foot. Thought it was a muscle pull, after several days took him to the vet, he didn't see anything wrong either, just thought it was something strained. He got better, then after a couple of weeks came up really lame again. I took him back to the vet, it seemed to be in his paw, he found a cracked nail that had caused a nail bed infection.

·
Kristie - GQ's Mom...
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Satchel is stoned LOL

His hips are perfect, that's always the best news! He'll recover quickly, amazing how they do that. What would keep us in bed for a month they get over in a week.

Glad to hear he's doing well :)
That is wierd you say that - we were JUST talking about that - how in two days he is ready to party with a 6" incision in his gut - that would put us down for weeks - they are resilliant little creatures -

4goldens - YES, I asked them to look after your last post - all clear....it's amazing how much you learn from this site - all the warnings, home remedies, etc - so glad I found GRF....

21 - 31 of 31 Posts