Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody any experience with Sapphire Goldens in Lakeville MA. I think they look suspect, No AKC # or reg names etc. No OFA etc. Thoughts? thanks

·
Kristy
10,251 Posts
I'm not familiar with them, but I think you should talk to them. She does have registered names posted, she has links to pedigrees and links to OFA clearances. I didn't go through all of them but what I looked at was good. She also appears to compete with her dogs which I also think is important. I would talk about how she decides which dogs to breed and how she raises her puppies and socializes them, do they grow up in her home or out in a kennel etc. Ask for the clearances and also the genetic testing for ichthyosis, NCL etc. on the parents of the litter you would be interested in. It shouldn't be a problem to find it. Someone here can help you look if you give the registered names of the parents of a litter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not familiar with them, but I think you should talk to them. She does have registered names posted, she has links to pedigrees and links to OFA clearances. I didn't go through all of them but what I looked at was good. She also appears to compete with her dogs which I also think is important. I would talk about how she decides which dogs to breed and how she raises her puppies and socializes them, do they grow up in her home or out in a kennel etc. Ask for the clearances and also the genetic testing for ichthyosis, NCL etc. on the parents of the litter you would be interested in. It shouldn't be a problem to find it. Someone here can help you look if you give the registered names of the parents of a litter.
HI Thank you very much I so appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
I agree. I didn't recognize the kennel name but the few pedigrees and clearances I looked at looked good (Click on the dog's picture on the website to bring up the links to the pedigrees and clearance info). As Kristy said, it's worth contacting this breeder, but get the registered names/numbers of the proposed parents and come back and post them here so we can check the specific dogs for you.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'd feel fairly confident here, since they provide 5 generation pedigrees with clearances and titles. The current dogs don't have many titles, but that's ok unless for some reason you really want that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd feel fairly confident here, since they provide 5 generation pedigrees with clearances and titles. The current dogs don't have many titles, but that's ok unless for some reason you really want that.
thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anybody any experience with Sapphire Goldens in Lakeville MA. I think they look suspect, No AKC # or reg names etc. No OFA etc. Thoughts? thanks
Local breeder, fairly well known. Beautiful dogs. Depending on the litter, I'd get on her wait list. I inquired she had a wait list like others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts