Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Sandy's puppies - WARNING. Graphic images

7K views 108 replies 28 participants last post by  windfair 
#1 ·
Sandy finally had her puppies yesterday afternoon by c section. Everything pretty went well. She had 5 boys, 2 females, and one that did not make it (ridge-line deformities I think it's called). Poor thing. Same thing happened with Pebbles' litter.
Sandy and the pups are doing great. Sandy wasn't too hip about the pups until sometime during the night when she started to warm up to them and started to lick them and so on. I think she is going to be a great mom just like her mom was.

I'm going to add pictures to this thread as I have time. I have a lot that I took during the c section.

The first Golden to win Best in Show at Westminster is in this pile. Ok, so maybe not. :D

This picture was right after we got home from the hospital. More to come...

See less See more
#32 ·
Is that some kind of dye on the puppies?
It's a water based non toxic artist paint. It has to be reapplied once or twice a day because it comes off easily. A couple of our breeder friends told us not to use string or whatever because it can be dangerous and I heard horror stories of the mother killing the puppy trying to get it off. Some of them use nail polish of differing colors.

Thanks.

#36 ·
Loving these photos of your beautiful Sandy & her gorgeous puppy's, keep them coming... ❤🐶 ❤ 🐶 ❤

Reactions: Otter
#42 ·
Some pictures from today.
Residents of Ohio have been ordered to shelter in place beginning Moday @midnight. Be safe everybody.

72. Sorry Mr. B you aren't allowed in.

75. Yellow girl

76. Yellow girl

77. Blue boy

78. Green boy

79. Green boy

80. Red boy

81. Red boy

82. Orange boy

83. Pink girl

84. Brown boy

85. Brown boy

#45 · (Edited)
Some cell phone pics from earlier today.

Sandy really really needs a bath and grooming but I guess that will have to wait. She's a bit stinky.
I did put her in the dog tub this afternoon and carefully washed her back-end. Dried it really well too. She smells better. :D

Sandy is doing great with the puppies and the puppies are doing well too. They are getting big. We weigh them twice a day. Red and Pink are the smallest, the rest are all about the same size/weight. Weights range from about 1 pound 6 ounces to 1 pound 13 ounces.

Thanks for looking.

#50 ·
They are so adorable. It has been many many years since I was around a litter of puppies so I enjoy seeing picturs like these. On my Great Pyrenees Group, Texas Great Pyrenhees Rescue, on FB, there is one lady whofosters pregnant pyrs and she video's the mother to be as she nears her time, and then the deliverey of the puppies, and then eachday or so, viedo ofthe pups until they go totheir forever homes. It is somuch fun waching them from birthtil 8 weeks old learning to eat, play, etc.In the past year, she hasfoster two who gave birth. One had 11 pups, the other (thel last) 8 pups.Thanks for the pictures. I LOVE seeing them.

Reactions: Otter
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.