Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New member here. Heartbroken today as we had to put our 9 year old baby boy, Samson down today.

He went into the vet not feeling well last week and was treated for a tooth infection and bladder infection. They did blood work and yesterday my dad called to tell me that our baby had luekemia. Today we put him down as he wasn’t himself, began to stop eating, was lethargic, etc. It all happened so soon and I am broken. He was my best friend.

I am absolutely heartbroken and cannot stop crying. The house is so quiet without him and I have no idea how to carry on without my sweet boy. Any suggestions help. I was there with him up until the end and he fought so hard. Thank you so much for any advice you may have. My world is turned upside down. I miss my baby. :crying:

Attachments

·
Registered
17,625 Posts
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your precious Samson, it's so very heartbreaking when they leave us. As Wicky said above you are among others who can offer you support. I've sent you a Private Message about The Rainbow Bridge List. Once again I'm so very sorry for your loss. Rest in peace beautiful boy.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Your Samson looks like a well travelled Golden. What a handsome guy. The picture of him sitting in front of the trailer with his heart wide open says it all. He loved you for giving him a great life. No words here can ease your loss but many here know what you are going through and we all share your loss. May his great memories help cushion your sadness at this time.

Godspeed to Samson.

dlm ny country

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
I am so so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Samson. In time may all your wonderful memories of Samson bring you some comfort. Rest In Peace sweet Samson.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss of Samson. His pictures show he had a happy life with you. They take a piece of our heart when they leave and you will always miss him but it will not always hurt as bad as it does now.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. Samson was a beautiful boy and so well-loved. I hope in time your pain eases and your memories of him will bring a smile.

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,173 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss of your beautiful Samson. I can tell from your pictures Samson had a great life with you and was the light of your life.
My thoughts are with you as you go through this journey for your heart to heal and to find peace.

Godspeed Samson

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
So very beautiful!

I am so very sorry about Samson, what a beautiful boy, My Smooch and Snobear will take care of him at the bridge.

I love the Pawprints Left by You, posted by Brinkleythegolden.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am so sorry. Please come back and visit this board as often as you need. This is exactly what I'm doing today. The members here are so gracious and supportive and because of that, I continue to visit, even though I don't have a golden in my home at the moment. Your Samson was a handsome guy. I know your heart is breaking and I am so so sorry. I lost my boy, Oliver, in June to cancer as well (age 5). It seems to be hard to detect until it's too late in a lot of cases. You did the right thing, although, I know it was so difficult. My 14 year old daughter and I were with our boy until the end as well. I still have mixed feelings on the entire thing and it's been 5 months. It will get easier as time passes, but I know, it hurts so **** much! Keeping you in my thoughts.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I am so sorry. Please come back and visit this board as often as you need. This is exactly what I'm doing today. The members here are so gracious and supportive and because of that, I continue to visit, even though I don't have a golden in my home at the moment. Your Samson was a handsome guy. I know your heart is breaking and I am so so sorry. I lost my boy, Oliver, in June to cancer as well (age 5). It seems to be hard to detect until it's too late in a lot of cases. You did the right thing, although, I know it was so difficult. My 14 year old daughter and I were with our boy until the end as well. I still have mixed feelings on the entire thing and it's been 5 months. It will get easier as time passes, but I know, it hurts so **** much! Keeping you in my thoughts.
So well said. We are still grieving as well. It was 5 months since we lost Brinkley just yesterday. We are without a furbaby at the moment too, but it does help to read the posts of others.

·
Debbie624
360 Posts
I'm chiming in late on this thread, but wanted to extend my condolences. It is heartbreaking to lose our babies as they are more than a dog. We lost Callie in mid July and she was like my child. She never felt like a dog, was more my daughter's "sister". Time does heal and the pain is still there, but not as intense and raw. Wishing you peace and healing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts