Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot to report on Sammy's progress...the eleven year old golden I helped rescue who had been so neglected and surrendered by his wealthy family of eleven years.

He is doing great, and is now up for adoption!!! He looks like a totally different golden and you wouldn't know he is 11!
His eyes were infected before, he had diagnosed but untreated hypothyroid, hadn't been on heart worm meds but luckily is heartworm negative.Here is the link to Sammy's page on the GRRIN site!

Sammy seems very happy in his foster home!

http://www.grrin.org/2009/11/10/09-47-sammy/?cat=4

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Awwww I hope he finds his furever home soon! I love hearing about those seniors who "act like a puppy"! It's probably because they never had a reason to be excited nor people who actually paid attention to them...so wonderful that he is now experiencing that love :)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
He is gorgeous. I never would have taken him to be a senior. Glad to see he is doing so well and all healthy again.

·
Mom to 9 :)
2,383 Posts
Thanks for the update - he is looking great!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Wonderful news....he looks great!

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Awww... he's so beautiful! I just know he will go to a special home where he will be loved and cared for like he should be!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Wow - he looks fantastic! I sure wouldn't have guessed that he's 11 by looking at him!
Thanks for the update. I had wondered how he made out. :)

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Sammy

Wow, Sammy is beautiful!!

Sammy 09-47
11 years old

Activity level: I have the energy of a 5 year old.
Training: An old dog, knows all the tricks.
Compatibility: No small children, but loves people and other dogs.

Hi, my name is Sammy and I am fun and happy and charming and smart! I would like to find someone who wants to throw balls and share my never-ending energy. I really am not the average “senior dog,” so my new adoptive home needs to be prepared for frequent walks and lots of outdoor “fetch” time. I have gotten along well with my foster dog buddy, so my family could have siblings for me to play with… although I might want all the balls for myself! ;O)

For more information, contact our GRRIN adoption coordinator.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
What a happy story for Sammy! I had a foster several years ago who was named Sam and he was 11 and high energy, too.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
How wonderful to see him looking good and being happy!

I hope Santa gives his previous owners coal for Christmas and gives you all you want!
At least then there would be justice.;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts