Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but not the way it was supposed to happen.

A few days away on vacation and then we pick up Sammy from the kennel for a joyous reunion! That's what was supposed to happen...but didn't.

Instead, a month later, with heavy hearts, and tear filled eyes, today we brought home her ashes.:no:

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Awww I am so sorry :( I hope that having her ashes home with you gives you some sense of peace...

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Hugs and happy thoughts coming your way.

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Wow, crappy days for both of us!! I am so sorry, I am sure it made you very sad!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I know having my Beau home has helped me. Every morning and night I tell him hello and goodnight. May Sammy being home give you some comfort.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I'm so so sorry. Hold her close to your heart...... she's with you still, just on silent paws. Hugs and prayers to youand your family.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Again I'm so sorry to hear about Sammy :( I hope that now she is 'with you', you will be able to feel some comfort. I hope your family's hearts have begun to heal a little bit.

·
now Mom to Kiwi
2,785 Posts
Find a very special spot in your home to place her ashes then she'll always be there to watch over you. I'm so sorry again for the loss of your beautiful girl.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am so sorry for your lost..

I really feel for you. I've just lost mine a few weeks ago and she was only 4..

·
where the tails wag
13,384 Posts
I am so sorry for the pain you are feeling .. it is so very hard and she was so young.

If it helps you at all, I buy or gather flowers for my dogs remains when I am ready, and take a walk among their very favorite spots. Just me, the ashes and the flowers. When I feel the time or place is right, I will break the box and scatter the ashes and flowers in a farewell ceremony, thanking them for sharing my life while at the same time releasing them to complete their journey. For me it helps that even their remains are free to play in the breeze or water.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

·
MEG
1,568 Posts
Gosh so sad and again so sorry for your loss. I am sure you have lots of treasured golden memories.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
It's always such a comfort and relief when they come home for the final time - I know when mine have come home i always sit for ages just holding the box and crying my eyes out. We had headstones made for the garden but i have never been able to put the ashes under them, when i conk it they're all coming with me. I always put flowers on the stones though and that helps.

Hugs are on their way for you all

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I am so sorry for the sudden and devastating way in which you lost Samantha, I hope that now you have her back with you,you will get some comfort from the happy times and memories you had with your very much loved and beautiful girl.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I'm so sorry.

I know when my Belle passed I went to get her a few weeks later and my vet had made a cast of her paw print for me. I could not even talk I was so emotional and crying, I felt bad for the vet tech...I made them cry as well. I still have not decided where to put her as I think I want to plant a tree and place her at the bottom so in someway she still grows. She was my shade dog, whenever we walked she would stop at all the shade spots, tired or not, and roll or just enjoy the shade from trees.

It made it final for me getting her... I was happy I knew she was safe again with us.

I'm sorry for your sudden loss and not being able to say goodbye. She was loved very much and I'm sure she lived a very happy life while she was a part of your family. I hope your family is doing well.

((hugs))

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Losing a beloved golden s so heartbreaking at anytime but to have it happen while you were away makes it even harder to accept. Our Sophie died of the same thing as Sammy but we were with her and took her to the vet at midnight.

We have our golden's ashes in our bedroom in a beautiful walnut box on a stand.
Hopefully having her ashes with you will give you some peace. Again, I am so very sorry.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
My family has the same instructions. All the urns are in the dresser in the bedroom, and they go with me when the time comes.

It's always such a comfort and relief when they come home for the final time - I know when mine have come home i always sit for ages just holding the box and crying my eyes out. We had headstones made for the garden but i have never been able to put the ashes under them, when i conk it they're all coming with me. I always put flowers on the stones though and that helps.

Hugs are on their way for you all

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Sammy

I am so very sorry about Sammy, GoldenHearts.

I have my Gizmo and Munchkin's ashes on a beautiful glass shelf in our family room with their picture in front of the containers and like Beaushel said, we see them everyday. Ken, I, and Smooch and Snobear are in the Family Room all the time.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts