Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had some absolutely gorgeous weather the last couple days so while Dillon was at the groomers getting beautified, Sammy and I decided to walk down to the beach and get our feet wet :)

It's about a 2 mile walk down to the beach that allows dogs on it, so by the time we got there we were both pretty pooped.. but Sammy lit up when he saw the water! Anyway here are the pics!

This side of the hill we were standing on has a view of the Tijuana Estuary wildlife preserve thing, and over those mountains is Mexico. You can sorta see Sammy's treat spot at the wayyy back of his tongue in this pic.. that's how tired he was by the time we got there!

This side of the hill was the ocean :)

Sammy checked out the surf conditions..

and saw someone else doing the same!

The rest of the pics are just Sammy splashing around and enjoying the beach :) Sorry there are TONS, I couldn't narrow it down LOL

and just a couple close ups :)

Hope you enjoyed!! We had such a great time today :)

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,080 Posts
I get soooo jealous of seeing pictures of Goldens in water.....we still have 5 feet of snow here and will for a while yet. Looks like Sammy had a great time...too bad Dillion missed out!!! Love the "dance" Sammy is doing in the 6th picture.....

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Awwww love it! I'm so jealous - our weather is just GRAY... so depressing! Hopefully he doesn't brag too much to Dillon about his adventures at the beach ;)

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Great pics, Marlene! And I am jealous, too. It's not only cold outside, the heat in our building has some compressors out (and we can't have space heaters because they don't trust us to turn them off) so I am FREEZING!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Great pictures! My son was in San Diego over the weekend and said the weather was beautiful and your pictures confirm that.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
It looks absolutely beautiful there. I'm sure Sammy had a blast playing in the surf. I hope you told him not to tell Dillon what he got to do while Dillon was at the groomers. ;)

·
and Miss Riley and Jake
686 Posts
Sir Sammy looks great at the beach. It sure looks wonderful with the bright sunshine and the water. Very appealing..... esp. since we started the day with around 18 degrees. You folks on the left coast have it good........:)

And my favorite of Sammy is the 9th pic down.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Sammy looks so happy to be at the beach. Looks like he had a great time in the water.
I'm jealous!!!

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Awesome Pics, marlene! My faves are #9 from the top and #5 from the bottom. I'm sooooo jealous of the water, sun, beach and heat you have! Thanks for sharing them and warming me up :)

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Awww! Those were beautiful pictures, and Sam looked like he had a BLAST! I'm sure the one-on-one mommy time helped too. ;)

I had to keep closing the window when M2 would wander in -- didn't want them getting jealous!

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the comments everyone, it was such a great day!

I had to do something fun with Sam so he wouldn't just mope around the house the whole time Dillon was gone! Don't worry Dillon is none the wiser of the fun day we had without him... Sam's grooming appt is tomorrow so Dill and I will have some fun of our own. I don't think we'll be making the walk to the beach though, poor Dillon would never be able to do a 4 mile walk in this hot weather, and frankly I don't think I want to do it again so soon either LOL

I might just drive him down to the beach though so he can still splash around a bit in the water... we'll see how much I feel like ruining his beautiful bath smell so soon!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Those are great pictures of Sammy. He looks so happy to be at the beach. I love the picture of him looking back at you. It is like he is saying "really Mom I can go swimming".

·
Missing my Boys...
3,980 Posts
Having three, it is nice to have a special day for each one. The hard part is sneaking out without the others knowing you're gone.
You and Sammy had that special day together and beautiful weather, Lucky You, we still have snow and can't even go for a walk.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts