Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BonnieM
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a little land shark! I remember the bite-anything phase from when Coby was a pup, but man oh man, I don't remember it being this intense. Sam has tons of toys to chew, and I've frozen a washcloth, which he seems mildly interested in. I know this phase will pass, sooner rather than later, right? :crossfing

Other than that, he's been a joy. Has been sleeping the night for more than a week, and potty training is going great.

I want to get him enrolled in puppy kindergarten, and was wondering if anyone in the southern NH/Acton-Groton, MA area could recommend a place. I took Coby to Gemini Dog Training in Littleton, MA, but they've changed owners since then, so I don't know how things are there now. I'm also looking into American K9 Country in Amherst, NH. If anyone has feedback or could recommend a place, that'd be great!

Attachments

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
How adorable...such a serious little man!
Glad all is going so well!
A bit too far north to offer any training center input...

·
Eleanor's Mom
597 Posts
I am not sure if this works for you but there is a place that was highly recommended to me in Billerica called Command Pawformance.

Cecelia

·
Registered
34 Posts
i can't help you but just wanted to say that he is absolutely adorable!! What a little fluff ball!

·
BonnieM
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the recommendation, Cecelia. I don't think Billerica is any farther than the place in Amherst, NH. I'll check them out!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hi Bonnie,

American K9 Country is very popular place. If you are thinking of competing at all that seems to be the place to go. I've never trained at their facility but I have competed there. Its a nice place. Where do you live?

·
Griff's a Muffin Thief!
3,165 Posts
He's adorable! Good thing - little shark! TeeHee! I sooo remember that phase with Griff - he was the worst! :doh: Hang in there - once those "shark teeth" come out, they become decent little beings again.

He's still mouthy with play - but with my husband who allows it. :no: - NOT with me - I don't tolerate it.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Can't help you with the kindergarten question but I can say that that is one beautiful pup!!!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
American K9 Country.

Absolutely.

And I'm all the way down here in Louisiana saying that.

·
BonnieM
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Riley's Mom...I'm in Groton, MA. American K9 is approx. 20 miles from me...not awful. I'm not sure if I'll compete with him, at this point. I liked what their web site had to say, and the variety of things they offer. I think I'm leaning toward them. Plus, if Jodie in Louisiana is giving them a thumbs up, who am I to argue?? :) Next puppy class is Nov. 24, so I better get myself in gear!

And, thanks to everyone for the nice comments about Sam :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hey Riley's Mom...I'm in Groton, MA. American K9 is approx. 20 miles from me...not awful. I'm not sure if I'll compete with him, at this point. I liked what their web site had to say, and the variety of things they offer. I think I'm leaning toward them. Plus, if Jodie in Louisiana is giving them a thumbs up, who am I to argue?? :) Next puppy class is Nov. 24, so I better get myself in gear!

And, thanks to everyone for the nice comments about Sam :)
K9 country would definately be a good choice. They do have alot to offer. I am thinking about getting back into Obedience next year and will probably go there. Don't know if you saw my post in your other thread but I know Carol. I just saw her yesterday actually. I told her you were on here and I had seen Sam's picture. I hope to eventually get a puppy from Sam's 1/2 sis Audrey. Just got to find the time to fit another dog into my life :)

·
BonnieM
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL, I didn't see your post on the other thread, sorry. But, I was emailing with Carol and she mentioned she ran into a couple of ladies who had seen Sam's pic on the Internet. Too funny...and small world.

I'm calling American K9 today! Maybe we'll meet up there sometime. Audrey is a beautiful girl...I'm sure she'll produce little beauties :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts