Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Bella's Dad
1,833 Posts
I'm deeply saddened to hear of Janice passing. I hope it brings comfort to her friends & family to know how well regarded and liked she was here on the GRF. We will miss her!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Rest in peace.

We have found out the our board member Sally's Mom (Janice) passed away last night. She had been a member here since 2010, but a Golden lover for many more years than that. She also was a veterinarian that many times offered suggestions or help here to members that needed it. She did join the Mod team this past winter but her illness was progressing and she rightly so needed to focus on that. We are sorry to hear she lost her battle with her illness and at this time are thinking of her family, and her beloved Goldens who will miss her as well.
I am SO VERY SORRY to hear about Sally's Mom.
She was a lovely lady!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been a reader of this forum for many years as I have owned goldens for the past 40 years. I have obtained so much helpful insight and information from all of you. I would have to say that while my participation has been minimal, Sally's Mom has been a member who has always stuck out in my mind. She always seemed to be such a kind lady and obviously knowledgeable. I would seek out her posts over the years. In the way of social media, I felt like I knew her and wanted to express my sympathies to those who truly knew her and loved her. I am so very sorry to hear of her passing. I know this is a tremendous loss for this community, her home community, her lovely dogs and most especially, her family. My condolences to all.

·
Kristy
9,291 Posts
...Sally's Mom has been a member who has always stuck out in my mind. She always seemed to be such a kind lady and obviously knowledgeable. I would seek out her posts over the years.... I know this is a tremendous loss for this community, her home community, her lovely dogs and most especially, her family. My condolences to all.

This. Sally's Mom has always been a standout member for me here over the years and I always relied on her for thoughtful and kind but honest input whether it was on behavior or training or her professional knowledge. Besides her love for her dogs, the thing that sticks with me about her is the pride and joy she took in both of her sons. My heart breaks for them and her husband and I hope it is some source of comfort to them that this special woman touched so many of us in such a positive way. I am going to miss her here terribly.

I know Megora is correct, separation is temporary, but it is so hard to be the ones who are left behind..... I will be praying for peace for her family.

·
Registered
12,652 Posts
I got in touch with a friend of hers a few days ago when I started to see all the prayers being asked for her. She told me that Janice LOVED this forum, and talked very highly of the members here. She will be missed. Prayers going to her family.
We thought the same of her. I will miss her knowledgeable and helpful posts so much. A great loss to this community.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Still can not accept that she is gone. What a wonderful friend she was to so many, so much love pouring in for her. She is going to be greatly missed. She took me under her wing and taught me so much, and I am very thankful for Luna and Rory, without her I would not have them. Such a heavy heart here. <3

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I am very sad to hear this, she was a big asset to this community.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts