Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to buy a new bag tonight. Paid for it, walked out and as I put it in my van I noticed it nwo said 4 proteins(not 3 as previous)
When I was paying for it, I noticed the bag was diffrent too but didn't give it much thought.
I went back into the store with the bag and I felt like I should return it, but I didn't.
The Duck is very low on the list so I am not sure what to think, the whole ingrediant listing has changed. deboned lamb is first, then lamb meal second.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
ACK!! So glad you wrote this. I just switched to that two weeks ago because it was a food that didn't have any of the foods in it that Conner's allergic to. But he's allergic to duck. Darn! I guess it will be back to Instinct...

·
Chantilly Goldens
3,381 Posts
I know! I am so disappointed. More changes are expected to come with other formulas as well :( We will try and see. Hopefully, things don't go crazy around here.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Just a heads-up -- anyone who feeds this might want to ask someone at the stores about availability.
Several people on another forum that I belong to have said that they can't find Acana or Orijen right now, at all. There's supposed to be some kind of production issue. I don't know if it's connected to the formula changes or not. I don't use Orijen anymore, so I don't know anything about it - just passing along what I've heard.

You might want to check into it while you have some left for a transition, if need be, before you run low and may be unable to find more.

·
Rosco's Mom
85 Posts
I also could not find anything on their website about the change in formula which I find disappointing that they would not update this and keep their customers aware. I didn't search too long so if I am wrong please feel free to correct me.
I just wrote them an email expressing my disappointment. However I did attempt to contact them about a month ago to inquire about the possible change and never heard back so perhaps my email will be pushed aside or ignored just like my telephone call.
I am truly disappointed.

·
Debbie
644 Posts
We just switched to Acana and we love it. I sure hope we don't start having problems no that we found a great food.......

·
Cheeky Curmudgeon
1,046 Posts
I just bought a bag of the new formula for Acana Grasslands and it does contain duck from Ontario and lamb from Alberta (no longer from New Zealand). The Prairie Harvest (chicken based) formula also has duck in it and is now called Wild Prairie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts