Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On September 16th, my mother in law died, and on September 27th my mother died. Both my husband and myself having lost our mothers so close in date, are trying to accept what has happened.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,057 Posts
I'm so sorry.......I lost my father in May and it was very difficult. Two losses so close together is unimaginable.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This poem was listed in my Mother in law funeral card and also applies to My Mother.
" When I come to the end of the road,
and the sun has set for me,
I want no rites in a gloom filled room~
Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little, but not too long,
and not with your heads bowed low,
Remember the love that we once shared~
Miss me, but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take~
and each must go alone
It's all a part of the Maker's plan,
a step in the road to home.

When you are lonely and sick of heart,
go to the friends we know~
Bury your sorrows in doing good deeds,
Miss me, but let me go.

Author Unknown "​

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
Such heartache. I'm so very sorry. Perhaps a grief support group would help? Or counseling of some kind? When my mother died, I was numb for about three weeks and then became deeply depressed, eventually needing meds to help pull me out of it. I hope that you and your husband can get some support and avoid that painful situation.

Big hugs,
Lucy

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do know why God took Ruth and my mother at this time, however I have strong faith that I will be shown why later on as to the reason for this time.
There is no other path I can take emotionally nor physically at this point.

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
This poem was listed in my Mother in law funeral card and also applies to My Mother.
" When I come to the end of the road,
and the sun has set for me,
I want no rites in a gloom filled room~
Why cry for a soul set free?​

Miss me a little, but not too long,
and not with your heads bowed low,
Remember the love that we once shared~
Miss me, but let me go.​

For this is a journey we all must take~
and each must go alone
It's all a part of the Maker's plan,
a step in the road to home.​

When you are lonely and sick of heart,
go to the friends we know~
Bury your sorrows in doing good deeds,
Miss me, but let me go.​

Author Unknown "​
This is a lovely sentiment. We are left behind and grieve their absence, but they have moved on to a better place. I am so sorry for such great loss for you and your husband so close together. I pray God provides you peace and comfort in the next weeks and months.

·
Premium Member
16,405 Posts
That is terribly sad. You must be in shock, both of you. Make sure to take care of yourself- eating, sleeping, the little things.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
At times like this, our faith is all we have. We don't understand why these things happen but our faith tells us that one day we will, that they are in a better place.

I'm sorry for your losses, you have my deepest sympathies.

·
Registered
21,093 Posts
I am so, so sorry. It's hard to even imagine.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I've had a lot of losses this year and it sure is hard to get better. Especially when you are reeling from one and another one happens.

It will get better with time, but with a double loss (triple for you really) it will take more time. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for peace and comfort.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
BorzoiMom

BorzoiMom

I am so very sorry to hear about your Mom and your Husbands.
My prayers are with you and your family.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I am deeply sorry about your losses. I think that poem speaks volumes about how our parents would want us to remember them and keep going on in our lives. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Just noticed this. I am so sorry for your losses. It is hard enough to lose someone so special but to lose two together must compund the loss.
I wish you the strength for peace of heart in the days ahead....

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
I'm sorry...
You and your husband are in my prayers.

It's been a sad 2011 in so many ways. My father lost both of his brothers within months of each other. He still forgets and goes to pick up the phone to call them and discuss the Nationals or the Redskins. He's been so sad and we are trying to rally around him and keep his spirit up.

I hope you and your husband have loved ones to rally around you and help you thru this most diffcult of times.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
So sorry for your losses - you are both in my thoughts and prayers at this sad time

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss of you and your husband's Moms. May you both give each other lots of love and comfort during this time of grief. My heart goes out to you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts