Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Coley - my cuddle bug
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's share pictures with clothes. I'll start - this is Duke yesterday at Estes Park, Colorado with his new coat.

Attachments

·
Coley - my cuddle bug
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why, thank you! I can't help myself - here's another

Attachments

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
those are great photos of Duke in his coat. He's looking rather handsome! I hope he's feeling well, too.
Tito only owns his dock diving jacket, which I've posted elsewhere, and his "baby sweater" which he outgrew at 9 weeks old.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Milly wears her blankets in the winter in Vermont for potty breaks - she gets cold then, but she doesn't wear them when she's racing around like a lunatic enjoying the snow. It's been -43 at our house in Vermont so it's a bit chilly at times.

Here are pictures of her trying them on for size. They match my old horse's stable blanket and turnout rug.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
gee thanks! I think you could tell he was going to have a pretty big head when he grew up :)
I really like Milly's first jacket for looks, but the second one looks warmer. It's really hard to find jackets that cover their bellies.

OMG baby Tito is the cutest thing in the world!!!!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Sierra only has a reflector vest for those really dark mornings when it's hard to see.
But she does have booties!
This weeks quick sew... Lime Green

Last years model...

Karen

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
wow !! look at Duke sporting his new coat, very smart, and you wouldn't know from the pics what he's been going through. Hope he's eating today

·
Went Rogue...
599 Posts
...It's been -43 at our house in Vermont so it's a bit chilly at times...
Okay, you win for insane coooold! We were -21F last Tuesday morning and the dogs didn't even seem to notice. The went out and laid down in the snow! :doh:

At -43F I would hope that they might take notice.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Love the boots, do you make them yourself?
My two older ones used to wear boots when we walked on sidewalks in the winter, but out here in the middle of nowhere, they just go au natural! But I'd not mind some boots for the Tito Monster for dog shows when it's snowy!

Sierra only has a reflector vest for those really dark mornings when it's hard to see.
But she does have booties!
This weeks quick sew... Lime Green

Last years model...

Karen

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Okay, you win for insane coooold! We were -21F last Tuesday morning and the dogs didn't even seem to notice. The went out and laid down in the snow! :doh:

At -43F I would hope that they might take notice.
Honestly, she doesn't seem to notice unless we're just stepping out into it for a quick pee. Any walking for more than 2 minutes and she's laying down, rolling in the snow, and racing around like a lunatic. We spend most of the year in DC and my parents live in SC but are mid-move to VT (where they spend the summer and parts of the winter) so for me the weather changing is terrible... for Milly not so much. I've noticed she does get significantly stiffer if she doesn't have on a blanket for the first few minutes. I keep thinking she'd tell me when she's had enough or it's too cold, but visiting the snow is heaven for her!

·
Coley - my cuddle bug
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OMG! Marley has a wrinkled face just like Duke!!!! They could be brothers!!! And so Christmas like - you should enter him into the photo contest if you haven't already - love the glasses.

And, btw, anything below 0 is INSANELY cold, in my book. Which we did do last week which is also why I ordered the clothes. However, we need boots - Karen - I'm with hotel4dogs - LOVE THEM!! You do make them yourself, don't you? How do you do it?

Hey, Dave - so Tom doesn't need a slicker? Duke's slowly eating S - L - O - W - L - Y. I trust Tom is still good - no seizures?

I love Tito's "Team Tito's" jacket. And, I agree - baby Tito is a doll!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts